School Punishment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: School Punishment

I remember a friend on the desk further down in class asked for an eraser, I gently threw mine to her just as my teacher turned around, she called me out to the front of the class, pulled my socks down and smacked my legs with her ruler!..

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinthe80's View Post
      The slipper was used quite a lot in my infant school. Always in assembly too for maximum effect! The headmistress would hand out a shiny penny if it was your birthday then the whack with the gym slipper if you had been naughty! What fun the 70's were!! LOL
      Some people pay good money for that these days! lol (thankyouverymuch!)
      "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Originally posted by Austin Maxi View Post
        Some people pay good money for that these days! lol (thankyouverymuch!)
        Sad but very true!!! Lol
        Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Usually 'respectable, honest, hard working, god fearing 'pilllars of the community' but can you imagine the shame if they get found out? How can they face their neighbours and friends at the golf club? THE SHAME!!!!!
          WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinney68 View Post
            When I was 8 years old I was 'jumped' on the way home from school (I know an 8 year old walking home alone from school!!!!)and I took a beating from some kids in the next year up. My mother phoned the Headmaster the next day and gave him the names of all the kids who'd hit me. During assembly, he called them all out, lined them up in front of the school and smacked them all 6 times on the backside with his hand. This was in 1978 and I must say, they never did it again. However, I think my face is still red now from the embarrassment of being named as a grass in front of 500 kids!

i can imagine you being embarrassed but just think how they felt not just being smacked but the humilliation of every pupil in the school watching.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by Marcella View Post
              I remember a friend on the desk further down in class asked for an eraser, I gently threw mine to her just as my teacher turned around, she called me out to the front of the class, pulled my socks down and smacked my legs with her ruler!..

thats a bit harsh indeed.

teachers nowadays if they did that would be sacked.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I can remember getting 6 of the best with the training shoe in either 1982-1983, I can still remember how my backside felt now. We had just finished PE and still had our shorts on.

Me and two other lads had took a short cut through someones garden and the householder had recognized one of us. The PE teacher knew who the other two were has we had all been running together. She had telephoned the school and the head of PE made us stop behind and we got 6 of the best with the training shoe.

It had the desired affect and we didnt do it again.
                Last edited by Fatboy; 15-12-2020, 22:52.
                Oh to be a kid again with a can of Top Deck on a hot summer day, now that would be good.

Comment

I can remember the cane,left school in 1983.It was reserved for real bad things,not just your usual breaking of the school rules.A couple of kids I knew got it.Usual throwing of the blackboard rubber was mandatory in maths.Standing on a chair in a corner facing the wall was popular when I first went to secondary in about 1977-78 but fell out of use rather quickly.One kid in maths got the shoe and backmouthed the teacher,got another round.His father went to the school the next day and put the maths teacher through the window for it.Police was called in and it went to court.The pupils father lost the case.Running around the school field untill told to stop was popular with sports teachers especially at break time,and dinner times.You stopped you were sent to the heads office,then cleaning could be assigned for the pt changing rooms.Some teachers were rather ingenious with their punishments,and crafty to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
                    ...Running around the school field until told to stop was popular with sports teachers especially at break time, and dinner times. You stopped you were sent to the heads office, then cleaning could be assigned for the pt changing rooms. Some teachers were rather ingenious with their punishments, and crafty to say the least.
                    Sports teachers really were another bread! Looking back, it was amazing how they behaved! The insistants on showers come to mind.

Comment

Yeah,the showers.In a way this was also another torture especially with young bucks going through puberty at diffrant rates.Many were pretty shy about themsleves and what was going on.In a way it could amount to mental torture.I hate to think of how many kids suffered this way,with being humilliated in public.If someone usually me decided not to participate then ole Davidson used the town as a whip,and never missed.I remember once he used a belt on me.
                      It would not of been so bad if they had shower cubicles,which only really involved putting up wooden pannels at least some dignity would of been given us.
                      Sometimes I also feel that when I was at school they also used bullies to help keep disiplin with fear.Again the shower area has other bitter memories as does Davidson who stood by the door and watched me getting beaten up quite badly,and done nothing but laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
                        Sports teachers really were another bread!
                        Yep they definitely weren't Hovis that's for sure
                        The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
                          Yeah,the showers.In a way this was also another torture especially with young bucks going through puberty at diffrant rates.Many were pretty shy about themsleves and what was going on.In a way it could amount to mental torture.I hate to think of how many kids suffered this way,with being humilliated in public.If someone usually me decided not to participate then ole Davidson used the town as a whip,and never missed.I remember once he used a belt on me.
                          It would not of been so bad if they had shower cubicles,which only really involved putting up wooden pannels at least some dignity would of been given us.
                          Sometimes I also feel that when I was at school they also used bullies to help keep disiplin with fear.Again the shower area has other bitter memories as does Davidson who stood by the door and watched me getting beaten up quite badly,and done nothing but laugh.
                          That sounds quite bad!

Don't know what to say really, ...other than we has several mad masters....

we had the bully boys too....

Comment

It was a rough place.Surprising for a small market town in the middle of nowhere.But I was very surprised to find that bullies were being used to hold down disipline....as I found out in the end,but then the teachers had really lost control over many kids on and off due to a rival school marching on ours and starting a full scale riot in about 1977,and then again several times I marched with our school to give the other school the same back.Happened between 1977-1980.Hundreds of kids just got up and walking out of lessons at a set time and marching out of the gates,down the road and straight through the front gates of the other school.Teachers were frightened at times,that is why I think disipline was used for a few years in force.

Comment

Cane,strap,slipper and cricket bat all used sparingly at my secondary school. I got caned and the slipper! I was naughty and paid for it! No complaints.

Comment

A fearsome teacher at my primary school used a slipper that some nicknamed Dr Black. Thankfully I behaved as a child but I know a couple of boys that got whacked and never toed out of line again!!

Comment

Working...
                                X