Radio Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Forum

I know that the television forum is very popular - in fact, it is one of the main things along with music that I associate with the nostalgia boom of the 1970s and 1980s.

But what about a radio forum? I suppose that it could fit in with the music section, or can just be another thread inside there.

When I look at radio listings in old newspapers, as well as the BBC Genome, I am fascinated with what was on the radio 30 or even 40 years ago.

And I know that people have their own interests, whether it was a 1976 Archers storyline, or when Tony Blackburn hosted the Radio 1 Breakfast Show - or when John Dunn hosted the Breakfast Special on the other side. The fact that schools programmes used to be on Radio 4 could also be a good discussion topic, although that would probably fit into the School Days category instead.

This could also extend to local commercial radio memories - Capital, LBC, BRMB, and even Radio Trent, and the regional differences around the country.

What about radio stations miles away that one could pick up using a good aerial? I used to scan the Medium Wave band to pick up these stations as well.

Of course, music and songs would have be posted in the existing forums. I suppose in that respect, there could be a bit of overlap with that sort of thing, but it's just an idea.

I used to listen to a lot of radio when I was younger, shutting myself inside my room after school and putting the wireless on, as they used to say, and so my memories would be great to talk about in itself.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Re: Radio Forum

I think it's a good idea. I was trying to find a radio subforum here a couple of months ago for my little thread about radio comedies.

Comment

I seem to recall listening to Kid Jenson on a Radio Luxembourg using a self built crystal powered radio about 1970 ???

Unless I've got false memory syndrome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Oh yes! Mum's radiogram in the 60s and her transistor radio in the 70s! With only three channels on TV, was a great way to hear music!
        Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
          I know that the television forum is very popular - in fact, it is one of the main things along with music that I associate with the nostalgia boom of the 1970s and 1980s.

But what about a radio forum? I suppose that it could fit in with the music section, or can just be another thread inside there.

When I look at radio listings in old newspapers, as well as the BBC Genome, I am fascinated with what was on the radio 30 or even 40 years ago.

And I know that people have their own interests, whether it was a 1976 Archers storyline, or when Tony Blackburn hosted the Radio 1 Breakfast Show - or when John Dunn hosted the Breakfast Special on the other side. The fact that schools programmes used to be on Radio 4 could also be a good discussion topic, although that would probably fit into the School Days category instead.

This could also extend to local commercial radio memories - Capital, LBC, BRMB, and even Radio Trent, and the regional differences around the country.

What about radio stations miles away that one could pick up using a good aerial? I used to scan the Medium Wave band to pick up these stations as well.

Of course, music and songs would have be posted in the existing forums. I suppose in that respect, there could be a bit of overlap with that sort of thing, but it's just an idea.

I used to listen to a lot of radio when I was younger, shutting myself inside my room after school and putting the wireless on, as they used to say, and so my memories would be great to talk about in itself.
          You might enjoy this
          Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
            I seem to recall listening to Kid Jenson on a Radio Luxembourg using a self built crystal powered radio about 1970 ???

Unless I've got false memory syndrome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            I think that when Radio Trent started in July 1975, their biggest scoop was to poach Kid Jensen from Radio Luxembourg, so you had him broadcasting exclusively for Trent - that was, until Radio 1 poached him a few months later.
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Hi George, your suggestion has been forwarded to Admin
              Heather

Comment

OK we have a brand new Radio forum! Enjoy!
                Heather

Comment

Originally posted by Heather74 View Post
                  OK we have a brand new Radio forum! Enjoy!
                  Great! Here's another thread you could move to the new section.

Comment

Thanks Heather - amazing how this thread has made impact.
                    I'm having so much fun
                    My lucky number's one
                    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                    X