OK here's a real challenge for you...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK here's a real challenge for you...

In the late 80s there was a TV show I vaguely remember on ITV. I'll be frank the only thing about it that sticks in my mind is the closing credits. It featured two boys (twins I believe), the heads were facing eachother and it was on a black background, there was a green light coming out of their heads as they started to merge into one. I don't know if the boys were twins or if one of them was imaginery. If this makes sense to anyone, please help...

Thanks a lot!

Re: OK here's a real challenge for you...

Chocky? or Chockys Children?

Comment

Thats looking really good Daz, can't find the end credits, but going by the opening ones,I'd say you are spot on.
      http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&search=Search
      Heather

Comment

found the opening and closing credits for chocky series one,but it had no heads at the end

Comment

Well as liane admitted theres not much to go on, but it sounds very Sci-Fi, to me.Can you remember if it was a Childrens programme liane, or was it an evening type show?
          Still think Daz is on the right track with one of the Chocky series though.
          Last edited by Heather74; 10-07-2007, 20:55.
          Heather

Comment

Looking at the Chocky credits I think you are deffo on the right track - more than likely Chocky's Children as liane said two heads!!
            Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
            <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

You could be right with Chocky's Children because I vaguely remember there was an inspector type person on there who was after them. I've just bought the boxset of all three series' from Amazon. I'll watch it tonight and let you know if it is.
              To answer your question huggie74 it was a children's programme that was on in the late 80s, around '87/'88 I would say as my parents were going through a divorce at the time and I would sit in my room watching it to avoid the shouting.
              At first I thought it may be The Gemini Factor as that was about 2 twins who were seperated at birth but I saw the opening credits on you tube which put me off the idea. But it didn't have the end credits as it was about 5 mins of footage amongst a bunch of CiTV clips from the poster's old betamax videos. I even tried emailing Pearson Television to see if they could sell me a copy of the tapes but they were mean and couldn't do it. I did read Thea Bennet's book though which also put me off the idea.

Comment

okay I watched the intros and endings for all 3 Chocky series' and unfortunately it wasn't the one as they used the same titles for each series :-(
                If anyone remembers The Gemini Factor ending can they please put me out of my misery by describing it? I've seen the intro and know it's not that.
                Or if there is a website out there that has a complete database of 80s television shows (and not just the popular ones but every single one) that would help me out I'd be very grateful

Be seeing you...

Comment

Help Please...I'm going mad!!

Hi
                  I wonder if you can help me. For years I have been searching for a programme, I cannot remember the name of it. I only remember very vague details but I'm pretty sure it was from 1990, more specifically on a bank hoiday Monday. All I really remember is the end credits, it was of two heads (I think they were boys and both had dark hair and looked similar) facing eachother, there was a green light coming out from their heads and there was a black background.
                  I know it's very vague but I really hope you can help shed some light on it.
                  Thanks in advance
                  Liane

Comment

Re: Help Please...I'm going mad!!

Hi again, so we ruled out Chocky?/Chockys Children and the Genimi Twins/Factor??
                    https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/s...light=children

Lets hope someone else can add a few new Ideas
                    Last edited by Heather74; 19-10-2007, 12:52.
                    Heather

Comment

Re: Help Please...I'm going mad!!

Yeah. I have both of them on DVD now and it was a no go unfortunately. Well remembered. I narrowed it down to a possible date now though so hopefully that will help. I think (dangerous I know) that one of the boys may have been an evil version of himself, or even alien?? I think it was two different actors though as CGI back in those days was pretty much non-existant. I'm 100% sure it was a kids programme as it was shown in the day...possibly CITV?? but don't quote me on that.

Comment

i have found a website with tv shows from 80's and i havent heard of them so not that popular lol, they have clips of it too
                        not sure if i can post link though???
                        Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.
                        Those who live in the past are already repeating it.

Comment

Just copy and paste love!
                          Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
                          <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

Yep thats fine Jo
                            Heather

Comment

Thanks this is straight to the 80's tv
                              http://www.retrojunk.com/list_tvshows/1980/pop-1/

good luck theres 36 pages to go through ,
                              Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.
                              Those who live in the past are already repeating it.

Comment

Working...
                              X