Captain KP (I think)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain KP (I think)

Anyone else remember KP Peanuts having their own superhero for a short while.. they ran a comic book promotion back in the late 70s/early 80s?

I think you sent off tokens and got the comic book through the post.. it was their own superhero "Captain KP" (I'm 95% sure of the name)

I try searching for it these days with only the cricketer in the results.. I wonder if he knew about it

Re: Captain KP (I think)

KP Captain Krunch
    Heather

Comment

Haha is that him?.. fantastic thanks for posting this.. I got the name wrong but that is the dude isn't it

Comment

Originally posted by NickJ View Post
        Haha is that him?.. fantastic thanks for posting this.. I got the name wrong but that is the dude isn't it
        That's the only Captain associated with KP I've ever come across, but I cant be 100% sure there's not been another one. (and he does have KP on his chest)
        Heather

Comment

Yep, deffo remember the comic - think he rode a motorbike in it? I also thought it was Captain KP but the bloke on the album cover looks right.

Comment

A bit of info found on line

Dan Dare Poster Magazine (1977) with Fury 1, 2, 3; Target 1; Tornado 1, 2, 4,5,6; Scoop 1-3; Top Soccer 1; Captain Britain 1 & 2, 3; Complete Fantastic Four 1, Rampage 1, Logan’s Run 1, Star Lord 1; Star Wars Weekly 1; Tarzan 1 and Captain Krunch KP Nuts comic giveaway. Mostly with free gifts [fn/vfn] (24)

So maybe if we can find the 1977 Dan Dare Poster Magazine, we'll find more info
            Heather

Comment

I recall Kaptain Krunch, Captain Kp does not exist

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
                I recall Kaptain Krunch, Captain Kp does not exist
                that comic would prove us right! thats the only mention I can find on the net of the actual comic not the record
                Heather

Comment

Working...
                X