No announcement yet.

fireball xl5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like anything with puppets usually, especially if it's old. I even joined the Gerry Anderson fanclub for awhile. This is how I can tell you that the voice of the XL-5 robot was made by Gerry himself! Through some sort of gizmo to sound mechanical. There was talk once of colourizing this series to look like Stingray.
    My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Originally posted by beccabear67 View Post
      I like anything with puppets usually, especially if it's old. I even joined the Gerry Anderson fanclub for awhile. This is how I can tell you that the voice of the XL-5 robot was made by Gerry himself! Through some sort of gizmo to sound mechanical. There was talk once of colourizing this series to look like Stingray.
      Nah, destroy its authenticity IMO, watching it in B&W reminds me of being 10 again.
      Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

I still don't have Thunderbirds. The one set I had to have was Stingray. Others I only got during clearance sales. I also got the Space Patrol set, but for a long time it was an expensive thing to try to find as it was out of print. Andy Partridge of the group XTC was the focus of one of the bonus features on it as he was a fan of the program.

Sylvia Anderson did the voices for some of the girl puppets, I know she did Lady P and Doctor Venus. My favorite puppet might be Mitch the Monkey from Supercar though, I bet he was the most fun to operate for the puppeteer too!

There was a clever reconstruction of these '60s shows done for an Endeavour episode; it also included the moon landing as it was set in 1969.
        My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Working...
        X