Sony Walkman.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony Walkman.

Just bought a sony mp3 walkman and reminded me of one a had growing up. Don`t know where it came from but it had a 5 band graphic equalizer on it and was silver. Most of the kids in school were jealous as the had standard megabasses. Think it may have been a megabass but definately know it was a sony. Had a look on line and can`t find any info on it. The one before was a megabass but only had a 2 band graphic equalizer on it and didn`t sound as good.

Comment

My first one cost about £40 in the 80s when I was at college. It was huge. It had a carry case that you had to feed your belt through. Unfortunately, the material wasn't strong enough to hold th weight of the player so it didn't last very long. My 2nd was a panasonic, much smaller and cost me about £60. That just expired due to wear and tear. My 3rd was another Sony and was given to me as a leaving present when i left a job. That was early 90s and pretty much was the size of a cassette. I've still got it somewhere. Never had a CD walkman, too bulky. Still have 2 minidisc walkmans and an mp3 walkman but even that now is large (mobile phone size) compared to recent models. I never use it though. Can never decide what to put on it. Too much choice.
      "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

My sister came back from the States with a Toshiba KTAS10, which is still probably one of the coolest looking Walkman-alikes out there, so I 'borrowed' it for about 4 years. It was actually the size of a cassette, and had a smaller radio adapter that you slotted in like a regular cassette.

Here's a not very clear picture.

I loved that thing. But when it finally crapped out, I switched to 29 pound Aiwas like this one:

Official archivist: , July 24 2010 Guardian Technology.

Comment

My missus still has the Sony Walkman her dad bought her when she was young, it has the built in radio. She works at a radio station and was getting the bus in so was using it to listen out for something she needed to check. One of her colleagues noticed it on her desk and thought it was the coolest thing ever!

Comment

Working...
          X