Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony Walkman.

One of the best gadgets of all time...

"Wow, you mean I can walk around and listen to whatever I like with a player in my pocket ?... Crazy !"

I loved the first one I had. I think it cost around £100 and this was back when I was taking home around £220 a month ?

the original walkman really was a technical marvel.

I remember just having to have a CD walkman, and they were SO expensive when they first came out.

It's crazy to think you can get a CD walkman now for under $20 when they were easily selling for 10 times that much years ago.

I think the iPod (or other current mp3 device) is another one of those marvel inventions.

Comment

yes - look at the original portable MP3 players from a few years ago. They were low capacity, bulky in size and cost a small fortune. I just got myself a tiny 256MB player for £30!
      Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
      http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Comment

Tell me about it, the Apple ipod shuffle is one of the best I have seen, such a small thing and so easy to carry around.

Comment

Were they the yellow ones that were sort of waterproof or something?

Comment

Originally posted by remember
            I just got myself a tiny 256MB player for £30!
            ahem..... can you spill the beans? Where from???? I've got a really basic MP3 player (64mg) that only holds 15 songs - I'm after an up-to-date cheap one - preferably a USB stick type coz I use a USB pen driver and I'm sure that a 2-in-1 would be better!
            TURN THOSE FROWNS RIGHT SIDE ROUND!

Comment

Tallulah - You can get them on eBay for £30 (plus P&P) but if you want to go through someone reputable I can recommend someone. Send me a PM if you want the details.
              Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
              http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Comment

sony walkman answers

ye im a huge collector of walkmans go about 60 of them most are still boxed.a fantastic invention.they were actually produced when a head of sony said to one of its engineers that he woul like to listen to music on the move.the engineer asked him what size andt the boss pulled a tape from his pocket and said .that size.so the walkman was actually invented around the cassette tape not vice versa..blimey im waffling now.hope this has been a bit of useless info for you.lol.pablo

Comment

Re: Sony Walkman.
                  i remember having one

Comment

Originally posted by Snakeystew View Post
                    Were they the yellow ones that were sort of waterproof or something?
                    Water resistant,but not water proof

Comment

I had one, and used to record the top 40, probably top 30 in those olden days, on cassettes.....

Comment

Your right Pablo mez amigo, the size of the cassette tape did restict them producing a smaller Walkman then CD's overtook the development. I just threw one out when we moved house recently. My kids couldn't believe the size of it compared with thier MP3's, I-pods and the like
                        The eyes have it!
                        sigpic

Comment

I loved my walkman, thought I looked so cool walking around the local park with it. If only they knew I was listening to Rick Astley at full blast
                          Last edited by Heather74; 11-07-2007, 23:16.
                          Heather

Comment

Re: sony walkman answers

Originally posted by pablo View Post
                            ye im a huge collector of walkmans go about 60 of them most are still boxed.a fantastic invention.they were actually produced when a head of sony said to one of its engineers that he woul like to listen to music on the move.the engineer asked him what size andt the boss pulled a tape from his pocket and said .that size.so the walkman was actually invented around the cassette tape not vice versa..blimey im waffling now.hope this has been a bit of useless info for you.lol.pablo
                            Pablo,
                            Have you seen this Walkman collector's forum?
                            http://stereo2go.com/6/ubb.x

Comment

Gosh I must look out my first Sony Walkman my dad gave me and see what modal it is, my dad handed it down to me and I think it was made in the early eighties, it still worked when I last used it, I have it somewhere

Comment

Working...
                              X