Rise and Shine Powdered Fruit Juice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rise N Shine powdered drink?

I remember the rise and shine advert very well.I also remember the Jug and plastic top,as we use to have one.I never knew until now that it came with the rise and shine sachets,i thought my mum had bought it as an individual item from a shop.The orange i remember,had quite a nice taste,but i always put too much water in,so never got the full benefit of the flavours.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRZ8dTjKkiQ

Funny ad for this drink is 4m.07s in.

Comment

I loved this stuff. The dreaded SunnyD has a similar taste I think.
        How about baby orange juice? Anyone remember that? I think it was handed out free to mothers with young children in the early 70s. Came in little bottles.

Comment

I remember Rise and Shine. Gorgeous!!

I go to Malta most years for my hols and they have a similar product . http://www.fosterclark.com/1-litre-sachets-details?l=1
          Not sure if you can order from their website or not.
          The orange flavour tastes just the same as how Rise and Shine used to . (Or at least how I remember it tasted) .

I brought about 100 of the sachets back from my hols this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
            I remember Rise and Shine. Gorgeous!!

I go to Malta most years for my hols and they have a similar product . http://www.fosterclark.com/1-litre-sachets-details?l=1
            Not sure if you can order from their website or not.
            The orange flavour tastes just the same as how Rise and Shine used to . (Or at least how I remember it tasted) .

I brought about 100 of the sachets back from my hols this year.
            I remember going on holiday to Spain in the early 90's and the hotel serving something that wasn't real orange juice. I was amazed considering the amount of oranges Spain produces but there you go. It was quite strong and tasted a bit like undiluted cordial. I bet it was made from that powder stuff!
            1976 Vintage

Comment

Rise and Shine Powdered Fruit Juice

Rise and Shine was the substitute for when fruit juice was only to be found in tins or on very exotic holidays and was was very popular during the 1970's.It came in the form of a powder mix sachet which was mixed with water and was the equivelant to today's "Sunny Delight". Obviously a desired taste.

More...

Comment

Re: Rise and Shine Powdered Fruit Juice

Comment

That looks positively medicinal. I don't remember it at all. The only fruit juice I remember having back then was if we had tinned fruit with icecream.
                  "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Originally posted by www.doyouremember.co.uk View Post
                    ... today's "Sunny Delight"...
                    More...
                    Today's sunny delight? SD's been gone for a few years now!
                    1976 Vintage

Comment

I never bothered to buy it, but I remember there was a fuss about turning orange after drinking too much of it.
                      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Love websites like this. "Rise and Shine" randomly came up in conversation.... naturally I googled it.... and bingo... pictures/videos which confirm this wasn't some distant hallucination of my childhood!!!! Brilliant.

I remember it tasting bitter and rather "gritty!!"

Next step is to find a packet of the stuff on ebay!!!

Comment

this is one of nicest drinks i ever had.

i could not get enough of it.
                          do they sell it anywhere.
                          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by victay2 View Post
                            Does anyone remember this orange powdered drink? It was really tangy and lovely and most probably loaded with E numbers. It came in a tall slim glass with a plastic lid that kind of peeled off, and you could use the glass afterwards. I used to take a little bit in the bottom of a sandwich bag to school in my lunchbox so I could rehydrate some in one of those special, squat little school glasses at dinnertime! Also nice in neat form as a kind of fizzy sherbert. Think they did blackcurrant flavour too, that tasted just like purple chewitts. mmmmm! Good old days-a-licious!

I think it came in a packet - with all those E numbers it probably sent us all mental

Comment

don't be a plum,,,,,we had this drink down south. it was all over the country. loads of adverts showed this as a breakfast drink. i remember that it tasted very sharp.

Comment

nothing like sunny delight. it was a very sharp tasting powdered drink that wasn't that refreshing to be honest. just made you want to drink water.

Comment

Working...
                                X