Weekend - box of chocolates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Weekend - box of chocolates

I really liked the jellies in the 'weekend box'...........I also like the orange and jelly slices you get at christmas..........Mmmmmm

Click image for larger version

Name:	oj.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	260018

Comment

My parents sometimes got a box of Weekend jellies for Xmas. There were some mint crisp chocolates that came in a similar box.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Heather

Comment

yes i remember these.
          they where just lovely.
          that mint green sweet was my fave.

can we still get these.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I remember these so well. In my family we all had our favorites. Is it just me or do families develop similar tastes for chocolate? All of us went for soft centres and would leave the nutty ones or the pralines in the box.9in all the different makes and boxes) The favorite in the Weekend box was the Chocolate cherry cup....you had to get there quick!! Next in line was the lime one, and Mum was the only one who liked Montelimar....(yuck!). I think boxes of chocolate were more 'special' back then and more of a treat. What does anyone think?

Comment

I also remember these well.
              In fact, when my sister was born in 1982 someone bought a box round for my mum.
              I think I actually requested a box for my 6th or 7th birthday.
              I know there was a few that I wasn't too keen on, but the rest I loved.
              I think what impressed me most at that age was having jelly sweets in a box of chocolates.
              Jae1976 says that "I think boxes of chocolate were more 'special' back then and more of a treat. What does anyone think?"
              I have to totally agree with that, back then they seemed so luxurious.

Comment

A box of chocolates was certainly something more special back then.We only had a box in the house when there was something to celebrate or when it was mums birthday,or christmas.I can certainly remember the weekend box but it would of been in the early 80's.

Comment

I can honestly say that I've never heard of 'Weekend Chocolates' .............don't know which box it is but I liked the one with the 'lime barrell'

Comment

mmmmmmmm the cherry ones i loved them and u still get the odd cherry choccy in most chocolate boxes now can even buy just the cherry ones which i regret after eating the full box lol
                    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

oh my........seeing those pics brings it all back.......weekend chocs on birthdays and christmas.............i liked them all esp the fudges

Comment

Thank you for posting this picture - I remember being given these for a present a long time ago - they were deliscious - wish you could get them now

Comment

Might as well join in.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	260446

Comment

Working...
                          X