The Secret World of Polly Flint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Secret World of Polly Flint

This was about a girl who went to stay with her Grandmother, and used her imagination to go to other times and places - she met the time gypsies who were stuck in her time but no one else could see them. In this way she escapes her loneliness by retreating to "The Magical World of Another Time".

More...

Re: The Secret World of Polly Flint

It was on Children's ITV, Mondays 4.45 pm around February and March of 1987. Was made by Central (or indeed an independent for Central), and featured the company's Junior Television Workshop member Katie Reynolds (or was it McReynolds?) in the title role - I believe she also appeared in Your Mother Wouldn't Like It and that silent European TV exchange comedy Exam Conditions in 1992 which was filmed at Henry Mellish School and also had a cameo from Sarah "Raquel" Lancashire in it. And then she grew up and decided to put her acting career behind her. .

Reynolds got the part because of her accent and pronouncing various words in certain ways - I read in a local newspaper about it. I think it was filmed in Derbyshire not far from Eyam. Reminded me of that other Helen Cresswell series The Haunted School from around the same time.

One strong memory from its original TX in 1987 was Polly twirling around outside and showing her knickers for less than a second - that memory has stayed with me for so many years ever since! If it has been repeated, probably on Channel 4, I have missed it. At they are on YT courtesy of someone in Germany. So much for being secret!
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
    X