farleys rusks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• farleys rusks

farleys Rusks are a dry biscuit dating from the 1880s but manufactured by heinz since 1994. They are given to infants, sometimes soaked in milk and mashed up. They have a cult following among university students apparently.

boy i do love these even now.
    i could easily eat six at a time.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Re: farleys rusks

Apparently I turned my nose up at rusks as a baby. Not sure why as I've had a nibble since and they are lovely!
    1976 Vintage

Comment

I used to love Farley's Rusks as a baby. I haven't had one for years, but I've eaten biscuits since those days that remind me of rusks.
      "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Farley's Rusks were a staple for me as a child. I loved them so much - usually with warm milk poured over - I carried on eating them into my teenage years, though never admitted that to my friends! When I visited my mum recently, I noticed she had some in the cupboard that she kept for her grandaughter, my niece. I tried one and the years fell away.

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
          Farley's Rusks were a staple for me as a child. I loved them so much - usually with warm milk poured over - I carried on eating them into my teenage years, though never admitted that to my friends! When I visited my mum recently, I noticed she had some in the cupboard that she kept for her grandaughter, my niece. I tried one and the years fell away.
          i think u will start eating them more often from now on.
          are they still as good as u remember MB
          yes had them regular when i was growing up....
          its good to know they can still be found,what with so many other things no longer around.

with cold milk,warm milk,with a banana.

Comment

Nice with a cup of coffee!!

Comment

Don't think I could bring myself to try one of these again, even though I've got 3 boxes in the cupboard just now for my son. I can't really remember what they tasted like either, so better not try one incase I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by sandie76 View Post
                Don't think I could bring myself to try one of these again, even though I've got 3 boxes in the cupboard just now for my son. I can't really remember what they tasted like either, so better not try one incase I like it.
                go on you know u want to try it.
                and yes u will love them.

Comment

No darren, I'm not needing to add anymore to my waistline - needing to loose it, so don't think rusks will help lol. I'm too fussy to try anything like that anyway.

Comment

I was terrible when my sons were babies. Every time I gave them one to eat, I would have to have one as well! They're so morish
                    sigpic
                    'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

When I used to baby sit my cousins I used to sneak 1 or 2 of these in. So nice with some fruit juice.

Comment

I was too young to remember whether I had them as a baby, (says he who actually remembers having Delrosa rosehip syrup when he was very young). However, fast-forward 12 years or so ...

At school when we were in Year 9, I remember having this enterprise thing as part of our science lesson. We had someone from Boots come and talk about Farley's Rusks - the packaging of the food initially, although one would assume that the way some of the kids were behaving in the lesson, the rusks would have been perfect for the age that they were acting in the lesson! I remember some kids drawing on them with pencils, and throwing them around the room like Frisbees. One or two even tried some, (probably not for nostalgic reasons), and commented that they tasted like sawdust. The amount of crumbs on the floor meant that the whole science group had to stay behind at lunchtime to clean the floor up. I helped to clear up, but I did not make the mess in the first place.

I often thought of Farley's Rusks as being to Duplo, what McVities digestives were to Lego, or something like that. The smaller the person is, the bigger the item will be.
                        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                        I'm having so much fun
                        My lucky number's one
                        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

What were the difference between Farley's Rusks and ordinary biscuits? - the difference between Lego and Duplo, perhaps?
                          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                          I'm having so much fun
                          My lucky number's one
                          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                            What were the difference between Farley's Rusks and ordinary biscuits? - the difference between Lego and Duplo, perhaps?
                            Kinda malty taste as i recall, not sure i had them as a baby but all my kids did. They would have them with warm milk and they were also good for teething
                            Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Working...
                            X