Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: farleys rusks

Default farleys rusks

farleys Rusks are a dry biscuit dating from the 1880s but manufactured by heinz since 1994. They are given to infants, sometimes soaked in milk and mashed up. They have a cult following among university students apparently.

boy i do love these even now.
    i could easily eat six at a time.

Default Re: farleys rusks

Apparently I turned my nose up at rusks as a baby. Not sure why as I've had a nibble since and they are lovely!
    1976 Vintage

I used to love Farley's Rusks as a baby. I haven't had one for years, but I've eaten biscuits since those days that remind me of rusks.
    "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Farley's Rusks were a staple for me as a child. I loved them so much - usually with warm milk poured over - I carried on eating them into my teenage years, though never admitted that to my friends! When I visited my mum recently, I noticed she had some in the cupboard that she kept for her grandaughter, my niece. I tried one and the years fell away.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine Boy View Post
    Farley's Rusks were a staple for me as a child. I loved them so much - usually with warm milk poured over - I carried on eating them into my teenage years, though never admitted that to my friends! When I visited my mum recently, I noticed she had some in the cupboard that she kept for her grandaughter, my niece. I tried one and the years fell away.
    i think u will start eating them more often from now on.
    are they still as good as u remember MB
    yes had them regular when i was growing up....
    its good to know they can still be found,what with so many other things no longer around.

with cold milk,warm milk,with a banana.

Nice with a cup of coffee!!

sandie76 Guest

Don't think I could bring myself to try one of these again, even though I've got 3 boxes in the cupboard just now for my son. I can't really remember what they tasted like either, so better not try one incase I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by sandie76 View Post
    Don't think I could bring myself to try one of these again, even though I've got 3 boxes in the cupboard just now for my son. I can't really remember what they tasted like either, so better not try one incase I like it.
    go on you know u want to try it.
    and yes u will love them.

sandie76 Guest

No darren, I'm not needing to add anymore to my waistline - needing to loose it, so don't think rusks will help lol. I'm too fussy to try anything like that anyway.

I was terrible when my sons were babies. Every time I gave them one to eat, I would have to have one as well! They're so morish

'Dreams come true if you want them to'