Cereal freebies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cereal freebies

Back in the 1980's you couldn't buy a packet of branded cereal without there being some kind of toy or promotion that came with it! Do they still do this? Not as much.I remember nagging and nagging my mum and dad to try and get them to buy certain brands - so I could get a new ET action figure, or Ghostbusters glow in the dark stickers, or some tattoos.I wish my porridge still came with toys in it!

More...

Re: Cereal freebies

I remember Frosties or Corn Flakes had free vehicles made of plastic boats, submarines etc you could put a bit of flour in to create bubbles....Corn Flakes did do a set of clip together model planes...really fiddly and naff looking back on it.

I once saw Sir Malcolm or Donald Campbell in an old ad on TV Heaven on C4 for Frosties and in each pack was an actual metal toy of one of their record breaking vehicles...Wouldn't get that now! Grrr!

Comment

Re: Cereal freebies

Kevin Keegan card games in Shredded Wheat. That's why he's loaded now, all the money he got from Nabisco for putting his face on these throwaway bits of plastic card on which some complicated soccer-like game could take place.

Comment

Working...
      X