Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was anyone scared by the faceless nun in a rocking chair? (Tv 1978)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Was anyone scared by the faceless nun in a rocking chair? (Tv 1978)

Ha yeah, I remember it vividly, I was 8 or 9 and it absolutely teffied me, I've never forgotten it, I'd love to watch it again, can't remember anything else about that episode tho, just the nun lifting her head up, argghhhh lol

Comment

DJust watched it and it was rubbish, how was I scared of that, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
        This haunted my childhood!!!! I was 8 and innocently watching telly after my tea. I remember a female investigator slowly going through a house, then slowly climbing some stairs. She finds herself in an attic and there's a nun (I'm getting goose-pimples now, as I write this), in a rocking chair, rocking slowly in the shadows. Then the nun lifts her head and she has no face!!! Just a dark shapeless hollow. Eek.

That really freaked me out. And next day at school, many were talking about it. I even remember reconstructing the scene in a game in a friend's house (us investigating, the living room instead of an attic and our imagination as the faceless nun in the rocking chair). We scared ourselves to death again.

As a young adult, I'd ask others if they remembered it and some did. They'd been similarly terrified and it was now firmly lodged in their memories. But this was pre-internet, so there seemed no way to look this up.

Now, I looked this up the other day. Result!!! Thank you, internet. The show was called Armchair Theatre, and it seems that one scene may have been the most terrifying scene ever shown on kids' TV.

Check this link out for more info.
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quiet_as_a_Nun

Anyone else remember seeing the nun on that day in 1978????

I'd love to have a chance of seeing it again and seeing if it's as frightening these days.

...James
        This is such an old post, but im going to reply to it anyway, because that Nun scared the absolute bejaysus out of me when I was a kid. I hid behind the couch right after the main character (I remember it being a man?) Left the old farmhoise and climbed the narrow stairs of the barn/tower to where a nun-scarecrow was sitting at a moonlit window. He popped his head up through the hatch and the nun turned and reached out to grab him. That empty black space where the face should have been under the habit remains the single most scariest movie moment ive ever had. I was actually googling it and came upon this thread, thats how long its stayed with me. I must have been 7 years old, watching it on a cold, windy winters night in Ireland.

Comment

So weird, I was talking to my 13 year old about what scared me as a kid and we tried to look it up on Google. I thought it was from Hammer House of Horror or Tales of the Unexpected but we couldn't find it that way. I literally Googled "was anyone else scared by the faceless nun in the rocking chair"

Glad I'm not the only one...

Comment

Amazing not thought of this in 20 odd yrs but i was too scared of it.
            For a kid it was very scary.

Thanks for the reminder hah.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
            X