• Show
Clear All

• Re: Sweet wrappers over the years

FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
      Cadbury's Chocolate Eclairs

Wow, look at how fat those tubes are. This is proof positive that sweets are shrinking over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by jb7 View Post
        i hate how many of todays are wrapped in plastic, u know, used to be wrapped in foil (lucky you can still get Kitkats like that!). I imagine the foil made all taste better, something the plastic doesnt. or is that me, lol

Just like fizzy drinks don't taste quite right chocolate out of plastic is not the same. I have a friend who has family in the ROI and every time she visits her family she brings me back a big bag of Cadbury's chocolate bars. For years after we went plastic (screw the environment eh Mondelez?) you could still get foil wrapped Cadbury's bars in Ireland, they also get loads of things we don't get like Orange Crisp and Tiffin. Couple of years she came back and said to me "I've got good news and bad news, good news is I have your chocolate, bad news is Cadbury Ireland has went plastic". Plastic wrap deffo leaves a tinge in the chocolate.

Comment

In the late 1980s when we were sorting out a cupboard, I found some empty cardboard packaging in a cupboard - it was an empty cardboard pack of Smarties, and it had a Punch and Judy themed offer on the packaging where you could make finger puppets cut from the cardboard and you could send off for a cardboard Punch and Judy theatre, if I remember what it said on there. The offer's closing date was 31st August 1976, so that should date it to early on that year. Does anyone remember this, or even have the packaging from that?
          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
            Sharps Swisskit

Would you risk it for a Swisskit? lol
            sigpic
            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Got these this weekend. Awesome!
              Attached Files

Comment

sigpic
                Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Ring Pop
                  Heather

Comment

Anyone heard of these? Aussies will have. Darrell Lee. the worlds tastiest licorice.
                    Last edited by Donald the Great; 28-08-2018, 17:13.

Comment

Here are some more Aussie lollies

Comment

Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post
                        Here are some more Aussie lollies
                        Sadly never been to Australia but look tasty.
                        Always ready for chat.

Comment

I remember those Trebor Booty Bags.

Comment

Anyone remember a dream bar form the 70s I think made by Cadbury or rowntrees
                            all I can remember is that they were squarish, we’re swirly multi coloured and very sickly like pink panther bars and the advert ( that eludes me ) was a song and I think a hand drawn type cartoon
                            ”when you look into a dream , things aren’t always what they seem, pink and yellow , orange too , Rowntrees (Cadbury) make a dream come true.

Comment

Were dream bars white chocolate?

Comment

Nah, not the later Cadbury white chocolate ones, these were similar in size to the current animal bars and were swirly multicoloured

Comment

Working...
                                X