Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Getting to school...

Originally posted by darren View Post
    What a good son you are repaying her for all the times she brought u too school.
    Ha! Not since the very first week or so!
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

I used to hate going to school, and I would do my best to stay in bed so I wouldn't go. If my mother had agreed to say that I was ill, the irony was that I felt better at the thought of not having to go to school and this brought such a relief to me.

Especially Comprehensive School, parents, the EWO, and teachers used to drag me to the prison. I remember being attacked on the way home while in Year 11, and I vowed never to go to that school again.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

In the 70's when I was fourteen at a comprehensive school my parents dropped me off the six miles to school where my parents works at a company near-by

School finished 3-45pm but my parents finished work at 5pm so I hitch-hiked home
        sigpic
        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I was more interested in getting away from school.
          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I used to walk with my friends but we were the victims of a flasher so we started getting a bus, it was only a few mins on the bus but much safer than walking after what happened.

Comment

the infant / junior school that i attended was about a ten minute walk from where i used to live. when i went to secondary school, that was a fifteen to twenty minute walk, depending on which route you took. on the odd occasion, i would get a lift off my dad or a uncle. sometimes on the way home my neighbour would wait for me and give me a lift home.

Comment

5minute walk to infants and middle school. 20mins walk to high school that amazingly could sometimes become an hour or two as I got older.

Comment

To Primary it was walking as only lived about a 100 yards or so (or 5 mins)

At Secondary - walking never happened at both places due to varying reasons etc, but I recall "nearing in on Year 9" and so wanting to walk in with mates/ven tough lads in on the fringes of me and my best friends circle, but again it never happened! Man I so dreamed of that lol ...... but I guess the only thing to say/add is "if only"!!

80sChav

Comment

Working...
                  X