British tv series 70's with mechanical owl / metallic talking bird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 70s-80s kids tv prog inc a metallic talking bird

The Why Bird was from Play Bus / Play Days.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

My second guess....

Programme - Silverhawks

Bird - Tallyhawk

( I just know there'll be a picture of it out there somewhere )
      Last edited by Danny; 11-11-2009, 09:53. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
        The Why Bird was from Play Bus / Play Days.
        Ah yes playbus... not You and me.

I did say the Wye Bird was a long shot p

Comment

British tv series 70's with mechanical owl !!!

Hi,
          I'm Chribio from Italy.
          I have a very difficult question for you,too!
          In various forum i asked about it but no-one helps me in the right way.
          I remembered in an Italian tv Rai television maybe in 1979-'81 not after a horror or fantasy or sci-fi tv series with a mechanical/metallic owl inside it.
          I remembered maybe a house or castle,a pendulum clock,a childrens (maybe) & an old steward maybe behind the owl.
          The owl is fat (not so much) darkly & maybe had magician powers with the eyes that maybe shining something with red colours that maybe stop the time or some other thing!
          Always i remembered a Victorian style all around & surely in color style not b/n,too.
          In my three years of research i'm sure that was not:The phoenix & the carpet (yes,there was the children's and a phoenix but my bird was darkly not golden & the movement was so slow than the phoenix).
          Not "Ace of wands","hammer stories","tales & mysteries",no "the enchanted castle" i saw all the episodes on youtube but i saw a real owl not mechanic.
          But i don't know something for series like "Shadows" or "Sky",too...that MAYBE are with similar things and mysteryes too.
          I'm sure that the series was made in 1975-'79 & programming on tv not after 1981.
          I know that is very difficult question but maybe this is the final chance to understand something about it,'cause i'm not the only one that remembered this OWL ...i know (by net) another man that remembered it!!!
          Maybe the tv series was by the Thames english tv!
          Thanks for helping me!
          Bye & see you soon...i hope!

p.s.:
          Sorry for my English,i love the language too much but was not so much times i write in English,unfortunately...i hope you understand all !

Comment

Re: British tv series 70's with mechanical owl !!!

I am looking for this one! Sadly I think we've had it before but I dont think the right answer was found https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...ght=metal+bird

Keep checking back though,we are looking
            Heather

Comment

the movement & something remember too much to Bubo "Clash of the Titans" 1981's movie but isn't it!!!

before,we had write in the same time...well,i have read the question by other person & i'm quite sure that we think about the same bird (owl).
              In the last post above,i forgot to explain that isn't a puppet program (Muppets,Banana splits or similar things with strange animals,too),but maybe a drama-sci-fi,mysteryes tv series or a movie but maybe not so much this thing!
              I asking about it so many times in some Italians blogs too,but unfortunately no-one help me in the right way,'cause so many people take me to the Phoenix & the carpet (that saw in Rai tv in 1979-'81,too),but i remember never see it !
              Anyhow,is not The Clangers,Greenclaws,bagpuss,Prof. Yaffl,The Singing Ringing Tree,Wye Bird from You and Me,Silverhawks Bird - Tallyhawk,too!!!

But,but,but,the other people wrote this "this particluar bird had big feathers more like fish scales, its head moved and it could talk, and if i am correct it was an oily blue colour"!
              I want say that for many times i had try to understand how to explain better the feathers of the owl but without success.
              What he tolds is the same thing that i saw on tv about 30 years ago,too!!!
              But this tv series exist 'cause now i see that another people saw it,i'm sure.
              I am sure that was something about mysteryes or fantasy series surely English,surely in color & for children's too.
              Is really similar for the story at The phoenix and the carpet but more darkly.
              Infact how i wrote before,the movement are similar but more slowly & the bird was grey/darkly black not golden & long/slim like the phoenix,too.
              The strange thing is that i don't remember if it talks or not but i remember very good that had particulars magician powers with the eyes that maybe shining laser or stop the time or things like this with the eyes,too!
              An Italian person,too,talks that tha story was in a castle,too but i don't remember this,but maybe was right this.
              He talks about an Italian tv program that inside was this tv series or a little after this ,in programs like Doctor Who,but i saw the Doctor Who episodes in 1980-'81 saw on Rai tv,(just 27 episodes) but i didn't see an Owl,too!
              Anyhow,this is a mechanical/metallic owl,not real but robotic.

now i see another post about a gnome Paulus & i see inside an Owl but it isn't the right owl!!!
              (laughing)

now i post some similar pieces from youtube that is near what i remember ,so mystery & strange!
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0DIp...eature=related
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMmMq...eature=related
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCrBO...eature=related
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-5Bb...eature=related

In my profile photo,i put an owl 's photo how i remember & like it 80% similar in my memories,too!!!
              I don't know how to post here that photo,i hope is possible to watch!
              In the youtube's links above,i put some pieces of tv series with enigmatics &fantastic or mysteries things,like my memories in my mind!

In an Italian blog someone talks to me that in 1979 there was a tv series called "Domenica,dolce Domenica" in English "Sunday,sweet Sunday" & he knows nothing about it.
              With my research in the net,i found that was a tv police-drama tv series on air in 1966-'76,exactly the ages (70's) that's important.
              Is there somebody knows something about this tv series?
              Last edited by Heather74; 28-03-2011, 15:04. Reason: 6 posts merged as one.

Comment

no,no,error...
                That Italian tv series was an Italian fiction of theatre or something similar..
                The research will expanded??!!

Comment

Ach...I remember this. Even before the extra detail came about the owl looking robotic, I could see it...so you're not going mad, but the name evades me too...

Comment

ok thanks Falco but you remember a tv series or a simple movie???
                    But in color or black&white???
                    Is there something that in my youtube links was similar at the atmospheres,if you remember similar like these?!?! (in the links above)?
                    Thanks for helping me,too!!!
                    i know this question is very difficult.

Comment

I want to say a TV series...and I get the feeling it was colour, cos that's what makes it definitively robotic-looking for me, all sort of shimmery and metallic...Will check out the links and see if anything else comes usefullly back to me...

Comment

I've been thinking a lot about this one.
                        Yes it does all sound familiar but I can't place it, having gone back and watched a couple of clips of "The Phoenix and the carpet" and seen how bad the puppet is, especially the mechanical way it moves, I've come to the conclusion that It's this and the original "Clash of the Titans" blending into one bird in my mind.

Incidental having just seen the new "Clash of the Titans" if they weren't going to have the owl in the story what on earth was the point of showing him briefly, was a really naff point of the film for me, actually all in all it didn't really deliver at all!
                        sigpic

Comment

Yyyyeah, you know you might be right. The more I focus on the owl, the more the original Clash of the Titans refuses to get out of my head. Haven't seen it in so long though, and the owl I'm remembering wasn't in a setting I remember COTT having...but that could be my memory getting fallible...

Ahem...way to dribble inconclusively there Falco...

Comment

thanks a lot for reply to me,too.
                            If i have all understand right,the Owl it doesn't the Bubo in "Clash of the Titans" & "the Phoenix and the carpet" too,how i've wrote above.
                            Something's in my links above is similar for the atmospheres,but darkly & mysterious,too,maybe quite horror,too.
                            Anyhow is in the middle of the '70's or the end but in the 70's.
                            In the Italian blog that i wrote about it,5 days ago a women helps me,indicating all of my things in my memories,too,with the help of one her friend that remember the mechanical owl.
                            For now i haven't more to say.
                            Thanks again.

Comment

Hi,I'm still here,yesterday I found something really strange in Youtube called "Raven" 1977 ITV tvseries.
                              On this link:
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkOyO...eature=related

... in the final sequence,there's a Eagle (?) or similar that has a magician powers with the eyes (green not red) & it happened something like Hypnotize to the man !!!
                              Can someone remembered if this Bird become a methallic/mechanic Bird,after or I'm in bad way,too !!!
                              Thanks !!!

Comment

Someone tolds me about a tvseries called "Thriller" 1973-'76 by ATV.

Comment

Working...
                                X