British tv series 70's with mechanical owl / metallic talking bird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: British tv series 70's with mechanical owl / metallic talking bird

schribio, it may very well have been called just "Aesop's Fables". The programme was on around 1971. Unfortunately, many programmes from this period were wiped. All I know is, there was an owl in it. At the beginning and end of the programme, there was animals or children below the tree listening to the owl.
    Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

ok thanks "Marc" but definitely I want to know if this Programme "Aesop's Fables" when you write "there was an owl in it at the beginning and end of the programme, there was animals or children below the tree listening to the owl" but there was real Person inside ,something like Peluche or similar like real animals ???".
      Please,tell me this so I can confirm something too (maybe ...) !!!

Comment

Originally posted by chribio View Post
        ok thanks "Marc" but definitely I want to know if this Programme "Aesop's Fables" when you write "there was an owl in it at the beginning and end of the programme, there was animals or children below the tree listening to the owl" but there was real Person inside ,something like Peluche or similar like real animals ???".
        Please,tell me this so I can confirm something too (maybe ...) !!!
        You've got me there. I was 3 or four year old when this was on. It may have been stop/start animation. I can't really give much more information, sorry.
        Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Bomb news : today in another Italian Forum I've see someone that wrote about my Question & said to choose about "Paul's Miraculous Adventure" a very famous Japanese Cartoon in Italy & for me too much beautiful !
          The story of the Owl was reprise in this Manga series but which one ??!!

Comment

Re: 70s-80s kids tv prog inc a metallic talking bird

Originally posted by laurenm View Post
            Was it from bagpuss the bird called the proffesor?
            That's what I thought _
            sigpic
            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Comment

Professor Yaffle.

Comment

No,"Professor Yaffle" of "Bagpuss" THANKS !!!

Comment

Mr. Know It Owl from the late 1980s had blue and purple feathers but was not metal.
                    Perhaps someone watched The Phoenix & The Carpet on a black & white television? I'm sure I did. We didn't have a color set until 1979-80 and Phoenix was 1976.
                    My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Unfortunately no,but thanks for "the inspiration",too !

Comment

"Owlma" from "Greenclaws"?

Comment

Oh i'm here again.
                          Today someone in an Italian Forum wrote that something like "The Enchanted Castle" 1979 series was right.He saw something in an old vhs by 1997 in a little Italian Program (!!!) a little part inside,in a Program called "Blob" that actually is on Italian tv (Rai 3!!!).
                          This is too much strange but i Think that can be possible ... someone remember a mechanical owl inside that series,too ??!!

Comment

Bubo was made in the film by Pat Roache of Saturday lunchtime wrestling and Auf Weidersehn Pet fame

Comment

Working...
                            X