British tv series 70's with mechanical owl / metallic talking bird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: British tv series 70's with mechanical owl / metallic talking bird

Anyhow,in the other Post the asker wrote that for him it doesn't "The Phoenix & the carpet" so I can thinking my memories was right & good,too !!!

Comment

Someone tolds me that this owl makes some little jumps or little flies,too & maybe it'll broken when something happened (I hope all I write is right to translate & understand it all) !!!

Comment

Not Ludwig was it (Though that was an egg IIRC)?

Comment

Thanks,but if you mean this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ThMmLVWZo8 it's not right,obviously !!!

Comment

Looking through this thread, I recall something from the early seventies. There was an owl in a tree at the start of the programme. the owl would talk about the start of the story. At the end, the owl would give some explanation to people(?) or animals(?) around the tree. A sort of wise old owl. The owl seemed to be mechanical. It was a children's programme of some sort, possibly imported from Scandinavia or eastern Europe. I remember watching something like this with my grandmother. I can't remember the name of the programme, possibly, ?, Fable(s) (Tales?)? Hope this will jog some memories.
            Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Hi,Thanks "Marc" but maybe you thought about this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL5VoKfYbm0 ... but in any case it wasn't that !!!
              In Italy was quite famous in the 70's & i remembered this for some Posts on various Forum than really remember on my mind,too !!!
              Infact was a Fable Program for Children !
              Or you thought something else ??!!

Comment

chribio, I don't think it was that programme. I could be wrong though. I would have been around four year old when the programme was on, 1971/2. The programme on youtube may have been a copy, or the programme I watched may have been a copy of that!!

Comment

the owl service

Comment

Re: 70s-80s kids tv prog inc a metallic talking bird

The Owl Service?

Comment

Very odd, i've found this question on other forums, just googling around trying to help. Not sure what its all about or what that means but its all a bit strange.

Comment

This may be the programme!!! Mr Know It Owl's Aesop's Fables. I can't find anything on Youtube or looking through various pages of the internet. The programme recordings may have been wiped. At the start of the programme, there was a distant shot of a tree, the camera would go forward and close in on the owl. The owl would then start to tell a story. You would watch the story, at the end, you would then go back to the owl. The owl would round the programme off by giving the moral of the story. At the end the owl would say "Goodnight (my friends (???)." He would then flap his wings and go to sleep. The camera would then back away to give a distant shot of the tree.

My brother-in-law has just jogged my memory. If anybody could give more details, many people would be very grateful.

Comment

Sounds very much like the phoenix from the 70s version of "The Phoenix and the Carpet".

Comment

Sounds very much like the phoenix from the 70s version of "The Phoenix and the Carpet".

LG G4 silicone cover casesam
                            Galaxy S7 cover casesam

Comment

Thanks so much to continue the research with me especially to Marc & Other users but obviously it isn't that Programme (No puppets or similar ...) !!!
                              https://books.google.it/books?id=7iQ...0video&f=false

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrvEoUeHDwU
                                Unfortunately no !!!
                                But reading here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Know_It_Owl something returning !!!
                                So "The Phoenix & the Carpet" seemed very similar but it doesn't so !

Comment

Working...
                                X