No announcement yet.

Things just ain't what they use to be!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things just ain't what they use to be!

On the buses
    smash adverts
    pg tips chimps

when freddos were 10p . not 20p
    look in magazine
    bristols lodekka

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Roses - no coffee cremes.
      Quality Street - no peanut cracknels
      Roses again - Dairy Milk and Bournville are twinned chunks and not proper miniatures.

Do any boxed chocolates still do Montelimars? They're kinda like nougat.

Comment

I keep saying things ain't what they used to be.Perhaps I have become a dinosaur with a sore head.Perhaps my taste buds have changed.As I have got older I have often found the world to have changed faster then I can keep up with it.This especially applies to food products.One day you are eating it happily and enjoying it the next you go to buy some more only to find they had discontinued it years ago.

Revels,no peanuts or coconut ones.WHY?:cry:,They were the best ones(and probably the most expensive ones to make).

One stupid thing I read recently was on the back of a Picnic bar wrapper.It clearly states nuts and raisins on front of the wrapper but on the back it states caution,may contain nuts.I expect I will be buying a bag of salted peanuts soon with the same warning...Caution may contain nuts on the back.What is the world coming too???

People used to be bright and intelligent.......these days people seem thick and need to be told there are nuts in something that well........contains nuts.What next?

Things just ain't what they used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
          I keep saying things ain't what they used to be.Perhaps I have become a dinosaur with a sore head.Perhaps my taste buds have changed.As I have got older I have often found the world to have changed faster then I can keep up with it.This especially applies to food products.One day you are eating it happily and enjoying it the next you go to buy some more only to find they had discontinued it years ago.

Revels,no peanuts or coconut ones.WHY?:cry:,They were the best ones(and probably the most expensive ones to make).

One stupid thing I read recently was on the back of a Picnic bar wrapper.It clearly states nuts and raisins on front of the wrapper but on the back it states caution,may contain nuts.I expect I will be buying a bag of salted peanuts soon with the same warning...Caution may contain nuts on the back.What is the world coming too???

People used to be bright and intelligent.......these days people seem thick and need to be told there are nuts in something that well........contains nuts.What next?

Things just ain't what they used to be.
          I think the warning about nuts has something to do with peanut allergies. Which is quite bizarre in that when I was growing up I don't think I've ever heard of anybody having peanut allergy, much less dying from it, but now that's all you ever hear about. As if every other kid today is allergic to nuts -- what's up with that????

Comment

sweets that have changed names.

Opasl fruits now starburst
            mintola now after eight
            Milk tray dont come with that layer of foil.

those big tins of roses and qualioty streethave less in them.

i have old tins of them and compared the old ones to the ones now.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I still ask for Marathon on principle - I cannot accept a rubbish name like Snickers and never will. Marathon was a GREAT name for an energy packed choccie bar.

Comment

Same here.
                Ill never get into saying the names of chocolate bars with the new names they have.
                and why did they change the name.

opal fruits or starburst which makes more sense.

Originally posted by mazzer View Post
                I still ask for Marathon on principle - I cannot accept a rubbish name like Snickers and never will. Marathon was a GREAT name for an energy packed choccie bar.

Comment

Funny here how many people still ask for a marathon.Some things just don't go away that easily.It's a bit like a pound of apples.I can still see a pound of apples in my mind when I am shopping.

Another thing that gets me is all the funny money we get these days.It has so many designs on the back of at times its hard to tell english coinage from foreign coinage at a quick glance.Does not help as have to wear glasses these days.Have a pile of foreign coins on my window ledge given to me in my change recently.

Comment

things like this just stay with you mate.
                    people like us who lived through the eighties will always call things by the name weremember them.

sometimes when i see starburst ill say ah opal fruits.

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
                    Funny here how many people still ask for a marathon.Some things just don't go away that easily.It's a bit like a pound of apples.I can still see a pound of apples in my mind when I am shopping.

Another thing that gets me is all the funny money we get these days.It has so many designs on the back of at times its hard to tell english coinage from foreign coinage at a quick glance.Does not help as have to wear glasses these days.Have a pile of foreign coins on my window ledge given to me in my change recently.

Comment

Does anyone remeber a little while back they tried to change Coco Pops to Choco Krispies and it failed ... people wouldnt use the new name and sales fell so badly that they had to revert back ......

should have done that with Marathon ......... snickers is the american name that we were forced to adopt
                      Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

i remember that mate.

it was never going to work as we had rice krispies.
                        Coco pops is better its got its own identity.

Choco krispies and rice krispies too similar in name.
                        snickers the u.s. name never knew that.

and why where we forced to adopt that name.

the original name marathon just sounds better.

Originally posted by Jay Mc View Post
                        Does anyone remeber a little while back they tried to change Coco Pops to Choco Krispies and it failed ... people wouldnt use the new name and sales fell so badly that they had to revert back ......

should have done that with Marathon ......... snickers is the american name that we were forced to adopt

Comment

One brand we didn't lose and the europeans were forced to adopt is twix, I remember going over to Germany and seeing them have raider bars! They now have twix like us appartently.
                          Also their lynx mens products are called axe, wonder which one of those will go at some point!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X