Penelope Keith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penelope Keith

British actress most known for her role as Margo Leadbetter in the 1970's sitcom 'The Good Life'. Penelope was born in Surrey in 1940 and has been acting for over 50 years. She often played lead roles which included sitcoms 'To The Manor Born', 'Sweet Sixteen', 'Moving', 'Next of Kin', 'Law and Disorder' to name a few. In recent years, her work has taken her to the theatre to play parts such as Lady Bracknell in 'The Importance of Being Earnest' and she has also been the voice of many TV adverts.

More...

Re: Penelope Keith

here is a clip of penelope in the good life.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBogWsfAS50

a fantastic show and a wonderful cast.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

If I could be one fictional character from the 1970s, it would have to be Jerry from the Good Life. Steady job, nice house, Tom and Barbara as neighbours to keep me grounded... and snuggle up every night with Margo. Hee hee.

Comment

One of the best stories I ever heard about Penelope Keith was that although her characters were terribly 'just so', Penny herself was know for her very, (ahem), colourful language off stage!

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
          One of the best stories I ever heard about Penelope Keith was that although her characters were terribly 'just so', Penny herself was know for her very, (ahem), colourful language off stage!
          that shocks me that she used very colourful language off stage.
          when u say she used colourful language was in a particular show she did.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
            that shocks me that she used very colourful language off stage.
            when u say she used colourful language was in a particular show she did.
            Just generally, I think. I had a friend who was a stage manager and worked with her at a theatre in Surrey.

Comment

Working...
            X