The Teacher Tribute Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Teacher Tribute Thread

Mrs Trindle - sweet natured middle ages lady. I was about 7. I will never forget her kindness.

Mr Ilsley; probably newly qualified at the time. My form teacher when I was about 10. He was so friendly and approachable.

Miss Sladen - a student teacher. I adored her. Wonder what she's doing now?

Mrs Walker - a wonderful science teacher. I loved her brilliant lessons.

Mr Young - my maths teacher for most of my secondary education. He tried so hard with me but I was never going to be a mathematician. He died from cancer some years after I left.

Mr Lawrence - he actually made RE lessons interesting!

Would anyone else like to pay tribute to their teachers?
    Last edited by Marine Boy; 27-03-2011, 21:16.

Re: The Teacher Tribute Thread

MR BARRISKILL was my principal at primary school when i started in 78.
    one of the most genuine people i ever knew very approachable,never looked down on you.

fantastic thread marine boy.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

MRS GARROOD - Made my English lessons a pleasure and inspired me to pass my O levels in English Language and Literature with such good grades. Thank you Mrs.G

MR BAGULEY - My first year senior school English teacher. When I was in hospital for four months when I was 12, he was the only teacher that came there every week to help with my school work so I wouldn't fall behind. Thank you Mr.B
      sigpic
      'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Originally posted by kazboot View Post
        MRS GARROOD - Made my English lessons a pleasure and inspired me to pass my O levels in English Language and Literature with such good grades. Thank you Mrs.G

MR BAGULEY - My first year senior school English teacher. When I was in hospital for four months when I was 12, he was the only teacher that came there every week to help with my school work so I wouldn't fall behind. Thank you Mr.B

that was real nice of mt baguley.
        have u seen any of these 2 teachers since u left school kaz

Comment

Mrs Piddington - I was seven years old and my daughter was also taught by her a couple of years ago when she was seven!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
            that was real nice of mt baguley.
            have u seen any of these 2 teachers since u left school kaz
            No I haven't seen them since I left school. Would be nice to meet them again though.
            sigpic
            'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos View Post
              Mrs Piddington - I was seven years old and my daughter was also taught by her a couple of years ago when she was seven!
              i wonder did she remember you mate as your daughter was also taught by her.

Comment

mr. warne - my headmaster at primary school. he was an awesome guy. i've only met him once since i left primary school and that was when i went i took my nephew to his school's christmas play. it was naff compared to how they usd to be and sod all to do with christmas.

mr. holness - my woodwork and form teacher at secondary school. if he had been anymore laid back, he would have needed a pillow under his head. top bloke.

miss chadwick - only because she was hot.

Comment

Mr Rennie - This man made economics the best lesson I had. What an amazing teacher, nice bloke and even after all these years I still remember the lessons vividly. No boring reading books here, every week was some sort of economic task, actually doing things with fake money, projects etc.. seriously best teacher ever.
                  Mr Rutherford - Great French teacher.
                  Miss Williams - Primary school teacher and just remember her being so sweet...really looking after us all.
                  Mr Nardiello - PE Teacher, just said "get changed, theres the football, theres the pitch" and let us get on with it. In hindsight not really teaching us much, but made PE great.

Comment

Miss Woodhead, who I had my one on one PE lessons with.

For some reason I decided to follow Mrs Tillinghast on Twitter. Twice a glaring opportunity has come up to mention her in a tweet to someone else, but I haven't.

Comment

Its great you can remember them with such fondness mate.
                      Originally posted by ncpcov View Post
                      Mr Rennie - This man made economics the best lesson I had. What an amazing teacher, nice bloke and even after all these years I still remember the lessons vividly. No boring reading books here, every week was some sort of economic task, actually doing things with fake money, projects etc.. seriously best teacher ever.
                      Mr Rutherford - Great French teacher.
                      Miss Williams - Primary school teacher and just remember her being so sweet...really looking after us all.
                      Mr Nardiello - PE Teacher, just said "get changed, theres the football, theres the pitch" and let us get on with it. In hindsight not really teaching us much, but made PE great.
                      its great you can stil remember them mate.
                      they must must have made a real impression on you.
                      It goes to show there are some lovely teachers out there.

Comment

Mr Bateman aka Batman

Thanks so much for not playing Tchaikovsky but Sabbath's Paranoid album instead.............I was 13 in 1978 and the music studio had the best speaker system..........it was an awesome experience which lead to me saving up my pocket money to buy my first Sabbath album on vinyl.

Comment

Mr Gordon Lowery....Maths and form tutor in middle school, disciplinarian who made us laugh who ended up teaching my nephew at his middle school.

Mr John Angus...Science, though a mackem a great teacher who took us to Holland to play football, the above's sidekick really.

Ms Pam Milburn...rumoured to be Jackie Milburns neice, pulled most the buttons off my shirt once cos I'd done a great exam then a **** exam, used to let us out a few minutes early when England had a game in the Euro qualifiers must be 79 for the 1980 tourno.

They were all middle school.

Mrs Easton......my first ever crush, I was 5.

Comment

Originally posted by havasack View Post
                            Mr Gordon Lowery....Maths and form tutor in middle school, disciplinarian who made us laugh who ended up teaching my nephew at his middle school.

Mr John Angus...Science, though a mackem a great teacher who took us to Holland to play football, the above's sidekick really.

Ms Pam Milburn...rumoured to be Jackie Milburns neice, pulled most the buttons off my shirt once cos I'd done a great exam then a **** exam, used to let us out a few minutes early when England had a game in the Euro qualifiers must be 79 for the 1980 tourno.

They were all middle school.

Mrs Easton......my first ever crush, I was 5.
                            did u ever see the teachers again after you left school.

i still see some of my teachers even one from primary school back in the late seventies.
                            he was called mr barraskill.
                            a real kind strict but fair headmastwer.

Comment

I see Mr Angus in one of the local pubs, he hasn't changed a bit since I left that school in 1980.

Comment

Working...
                              X