Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: School visitors

Default Re: School visitors

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggy14 View Post
    Well done George you are absolutely correct, my brother has given me the same info which i was about to post.
    The young actor in question was a pupil at a Cheshire school, he left once he got the role in Coronation Street. ☺
    I was too young to remember the episodes originally, but thanks to archive episodes recorded from Granada Plus put on YouTube, the episodes in question are on there (or certainly have been recently).

There must have been so many youngsters wanting to get that part on there - I know that Grange Hill used to get hundreds, perhaps thousands of wannabees for various parts, certainly during the McClusky era of the 1980s, and a lot of teenage boys wanted to be Adrian Mole for the 1985 TV series - it was like the Reality TV of its day I suppose. My nephew had got a few parts on various TV series and the odd film, mostly because he was on the books of an agent.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Was Craig Whiteley the character's name? - it has only just come to me.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Quote Originally Posted by George 1978 View Post
    Was Craig Whiteley the character's name? - it has only just come to me.
    I think it was, i did some research on him, it's all very interesting as I've never really been a fan of soaps.

I was too young to remember the episodes originally, but thanks to archive episodes recorded from Granada Plus put on YouTube, the episodes in question are on there (or certainly have been recently).

There must have been so many youngsters wanting to get that part on there - I know that Grange Hill used to get hundreds, perhaps thousands of wannabees for various parts, certainly during the McClusky era of the 1980s, and a lot of teenage boys wanted to be Adrian Mole for the 1985 TV series - it was like the Reality TV of its day I suppose. My nephew had got a few parts on various TV series and the odd film, mostly because he was on the books of an agent.
    They are before my time too but thanks to YouTube i can watch things that i want to research.
    I do remember i loved to watch Worzel Gummidge, he has to be my all time fave, i loved him ☺
    I also enjoyed art and creative programmes.

I bet your nephew has a few tales to tell, i can imagine a load of youngsters put together can be quite a handful at times, especially when Grange Hill was being filmed!

I think it was, i did some research on him, it's all very interesting as I've never really been a fan of soaps.
    I haven't been a fan of soaps either, but Corrie has been on for so long that it's part of the TV scheduling furniture if you know what I mean.

By the way, the character's surname might have been spelt Whitely rather than Whiteley - I used the spelling with an E because of Richard Whiteley's name.

They are before my time too but thanks to YouTube i can watch things that i want to research.
    I do remember i loved to watch Worzel Gummidge, he has to be my all time fave, i loved him ☺
    I also enjoyed art and creative programmes.

I bet your nephew has a few tales to tell, i can imagine a load of youngsters put together can be quite a handful at times, especially when Grange Hill was being filmed!
    He probably has got a few tales, but he prefers to keep them to himself.

Talking Re: School visitors

He probably has got a few tales, but he prefers to keep them to himself.
    I think we all have a few tales that are best kept quiet! ☺
    Last edited by Danniella; 29-09-2019 at 07:20.

I think we all have a few tales that are best kept quiet! ☺
    It's for the best.