Legend of Tim Tyler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legend of Tim Tyler

Does anyone remember the Legend of Tim Tyler (I think it was called). I can't remember exactly what happened but I think some diabolical villian (some kind of capitalist, no doubt) stole or bought, either his smile or his laugh.

I seem to remember in the preamble of the credits it would go on about how he had a delightful smile that could get him out of any situation. I'm sure that in the credits he runs into an old lady and they fall over. She looks cross but then he laughs and her face cracks too and you find out that breaking an old person's hip is fine so long as you laugh at them afterwards.

Yeah, it was Dutch I think, and was dubbed

Comment

Re: Legend of Tim Tyler

I'm delighted to find others who remember this. It had an amazing theme tune!

Comment

I wasn't sure if it was German, I'm sure it mentioned that he lived in Hamburg in one episode.

The dubbing was patchy at times, with lip synch being fairly wild.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by comedycraig View Post
          It had an amazing theme tune!
          YouTube - Timm Thaler Original Soundtrack + Pictures

Quite a bit on YouTube under Timm Thaler.

Comment

I remember this. I was sure it was West German. The guy that bought Tims smile/laugh was called 'The Baron', he was one of the richest men in the world but the one thing he didn't have was happiness. My late Mum loved the show-I sadly despised it.....

Comment

Working...
            X