Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 80s Eagle

Hi all,

Just found this great thread as I was reminiscing about the old Eagle comic earlier tonight. A couple of the stories that I used to love that haven't been mentioned yet (I think they were Eagle anyway) were Leopard of Lime St and another that I can't remember the name of about a secret agent who'd been 'augmented' to be super strong and fast and he had a computer sort of printed onto his skull.

I did a bit of digging and found most the 80s Eagle comics from 82-89 including many annuals and specials at a *cough* certain bay frequented by pirates *cough*. Hope that may be of use to some peeps

Comment

Originally posted by elbubsio View Post
      Hi all,

Just found this great thread as I was reminiscing about the old Eagle comic earlier tonight. A couple of the stories that I used to love that haven't been mentioned yet (I think they were Eagle anyway) were Leopard of Lime St and another that I can't remember the name of about a secret agent who'd been 'augmented' to be super strong and fast and he had a computer sort of printed onto his skull.

I did a bit of digging and found most the 80s Eagle comics from 82-89 including many annuals and specials at a *cough* certain bay frequented by pirates *cough*. Hope that may be of use to some peeps
      Leopard from Lime Street was in Buster comic (along with March of the Mighty Ones and The Terror Toys). Was the secret agent M.A.C.H O.N.E

Comment

Two good hand-drawn strips from the 80s Eagle which stuck in my mind were The Tower King - a post apocalyptic adventure where society is reduced to steam-powered medievalism - and The Fifth Horseman: a very strange yet compelling story where the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse appear and begin striking various places on the earth; as the story progressed, it transpired that the four horsemen were actually alien robots. Weird.

Anyone remember Joe Soap?

Comment

Working...
        X