Jimmy Nail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Nail

Geordie singer-songwriter James Bradford was born in March, 1954. Jimmy's career was orginally in the music industry before being made famous by playing the part of 'Oz' in the hit british comedy drama 'Auf Wiedersehen, Pet' in the early 80's. He went onto act in a number of tv series which he co-wrote one and played a musician in another. Jimmy recorded his first album "Growing up in Public" in 1992, this was to great commercial success, within 3 years, he released a second album which was based on his brilliant tv series "Crocodile Shoes". He further released "Big River" & "Crocodile Shoes II". His famous singles include 'Ain't No Doubt' & 'Crocodile Shoes'.

More...

Re: Jimmy Nail

His early 1990s show Spender was good as well, not sure if it's available on DVD though.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I can't think about Spender without having a chuckle thinking about a friend of mine who at 14 had the highest hopes of becoming a film star but was gutted when she auditioned for a bit part in Spender and didn't get it. Shot down in flames she was and we never heard the last of it for years! She still enjoys doing am dram but that's as far as she ever got.
      1976 Vintage

Comment

I liked Jimmy Nail in Auf Wiedersehen Pet but he started to take himself much too seriously after that in my opinion and let his ego become over inflated.
        The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

I agree. In his autobiography he admits that he fell into the role of Oz straight off the street through sheer luck by being himself, but after that he got far too big for his crocodile boots. I didn't like him much by the end of the book.
          1976 Vintage

Comment

I've never read his book but just from interviews i saw on tv and read he just came across really arrogant. I can't remember the last tv series Nail did, was it Spender? He seems to have disappeared apart from every year where they do that show for Sammy Johnson and it gets plugged to hell on NE Tonight and Look North. Tim Healy grinds on me too, although he is quite amusing in Benidorm.
            The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Grunwald View Post
              I liked Jimmy Nail in Auf Wiedersehen Pet but he started to take himself much too seriously after that in my opinion and let his ego become over inflated.
              same here mate.
              the last thing he sytarred in was parents of the band in which he starred created, is the executive producer,and title music composer.

the fact his ego got so big is probably why he has not dne as much as he could have.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
              X