Johnny Logan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnny Logan

Irish singer / songwriter was best known for his hit single "What's another Year" which he performed whilst representing Ireland in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1978 and won. The hit reached number 1 in the UK charts, Johnny went onto release a further 40 singles and numerous albums and has been involved in theatre and television work to date. Born in Australia in 1954 to Irish parents, his real name is Sean Patrick Michael Sherrard, Johnny Logan was his stage name. His father was an Irish Tenor (Patrick O'Hagan) who performed numerous times at The White House for Richard Nixon, John F Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson.One of his most memorable songs was "Hold Me Now" which reached number 2 in the UK Singles Chart in 1987, this was the second song performed by Johnny in the Eurovision Song Contest to win. He did go on to win a 3rd Eurovision by composing a song for Linda Martin, "Why Me" in 1984.

More...

Re: Johnny Logan

Johnny actually won the contest in 1980. Ironically, this was the one year I didn't want Ireland to win because I was (and still am!) madly in love with the Swedish entrant Tomas Ledin.
    The best Government is that which governs least - Thoreau.

Comment

Originally posted by Agnetha352 View Post
      Johnny actually won the contest in 1980. Ironically, this was the one year I didn't want Ireland to win because I was (and still am!) madly in love with the Swedish entrant Tomas Ledin.
      here is jonny at eurovision with the winning song.
      http://youtu.be/vccwzuttIQY
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Thanks for that. Good song though although the best man did not win on this occasion!
        The best Government is that which governs least - Thoreau.

Comment

Working...
        X