Movie of a family in France whose daughter was abused by German soldiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie of a family in France whose daughter was abused by German soldiers

I saw this movie in Australia in 1989, but can't remember the specific details. If I am right, it was a French rural family who had the Germans move in to the area, and I think the daughter might have had to be 'nice' to them to protect her parents. At some point later I think she managed to get some revenge, but I can't recall much more than this. It would be great if anyone knows more about it.

Re: Movie of a family in France whose daughter was abused by German soldiers

It may not have been German soldiers though. For some reason I have a recollection of fire risk, and it may have been related to this.... wish I could remember more!

Comment

W.Somerset Maugham's The Unconquered??

Comment

Think I saw this as well in 70's, it was weird cos there were subtitles for the german stuff getting superimposed over the english subtitles when the french were talking.
        One key point was this bloke makes this french peasant girl stand on a kitchen chair and then leans over and raises her long skirt with his rifle barrel - some foreign words and then he said ( in subtitles) to his german colleague "I'm just taking a look"

Can't remember much else but that scene may jog someone's memory

Comment

Working...
        X