Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cornettos

Default Re: Cornettos

I only ever bothered with the mint ones. Didn't like nuts when i was a kid and still can't abide anything remotely strawberry.
    "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

sf1378 Guest

I had a strawberry one today. Not very nice but refreshed me. I was surprised to it not having the nuts on the top when I opened it up. It also had sorbet and inside the cone was strawberry ice cream...And yes, it was indeed smaller. I also was surprised that Solero's are even more smaller now!

i love pretty much any of them mint ones strawberry and ones with nuts.

id normally eat all the cream then eat the shell.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Quote Originally Posted by darren View Post
    i love pretty much any of them mint ones strawberry and ones with nuts.

id normally eat all the cream then eat the shell.
    Nowadays You can get a variety of flavours including toffee ones

Also magnums 25th anniversary this year you had a silver coloured one with a hint of champagne taste

wow toffee ones dont remember them from the old days.

i can only remember mint and strawberry and this one http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Awu3tU-XII...0/Cornetto.jpg.

ill be interested to see what new flavours there are maybe orange etc actually look orange.

Quote Originally Posted by amethyst View Post
    Nowadays You can get a variety of flavours including toffee ones

Also magnums 25th anniversary this year you had a silver coloured one with a hint of champagne taste
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Mint was my fav
    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

I just cannot resist Cornettos at the moment - I have a box of them in the freezer.

Cornettos came in different sizes, I've checked Wikipedia. Many of us are probably remembering the Cornetto King Cone. This was 260 ml in size. The most popular ones now are 90 ml and 125 ml.

The first Cornetto I had was in 1978 on a school day trip. I think it was somewhere in the Brecon Beacons National Park. It seemed huge when I bought it. It was the strawberry Cornetto. They do seem to be lacking in quality now. The ice-cream is not the same and there seems to be less extras with them. I very rarely buy them, has I no longer think they are worth the price you pay for them. Some shop own brands seem to be better now.
    Who cared about rules when you were young?

When I worked at Iceland frozen foods supermarket we had our own brand of 'Cornetto's'

One Friday someone came in from the local bible college. They asked how many of them they could buy for the weekend BBQ there. They ended up buying, not only the stock in the display freezer's, but our entire stock from the freezer room too

I asked my manager if they could be bought on my 10% staff discount as if I was buying them

He agreed & signed the form

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.