'Topic' chocolate bar advert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Topic' chocolate bar advert

Who could forget Toby, the little creature who advertised Topic caramel nutty bars in the late '70s / early '80s?Toby was a little brown creature, not QUITE human, with a pear-shaped body, a round button nose and a topknot of black hair.In the early adverts he had to guess the advertising slogan 'A Hazelnut in Every Bite' which was hidden behind an unwrapped bar- he had to munch away at the bar until the words were revealed, but never got it right until the end! In later adverts he was a music-hall variety-act in boater, bow tie and cane, singing to a packed house about the merits of the sweetmeat.'Topic' was actually quite nice, being hazelnuts embedded in nougat and caramel and coated in milk chocolate. It was also small, meaning that you could have one without overdoing it on the carbohydrate front.

More...

Re: 'Topic' chocolate bar advert

Oh yes! I loved this advert

Toby was voiced by Bill Oddie.

http://youtu.be/zF9A5ryNbUU
    sigpic
    'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

I don't remember Toby but I remember the later adverts when they used to sing "What has a hazlenut in every bite?...TOPIC!".

I like topics. Loads of people turn their noses up at them and they are always left at the bottom of the Celebrations box.
      1976 Vintage

Comment

I remember in Red Dwarf Rimmer claimed he once had a topic without a single hazlenut in it.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

At school we'd call 'em squirrel c**p bars. A hazelnut in every bite.

We probably thought we were being really funny.

Comment

Working...
          X