RIP "Whispering" Ted Lowe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP "Whispering" Ted Lowe

Ted Lowe (1 November 1920 – 1 May 2011) a voice that really does take me back to the 80's. RIP Mr Lowe.

Re: RIP "Whispering" Ted Lowe

The eighties and even earlier. I certainly recall his voice from when I was watching snooker in the late 70s. Once again, another childhood memory falls away.

Comment

Originally posted by lk_ie View Post
      Ted Lowe (1 November 1920 – 1 May 2011) a voice that really does take me back to the 80's. RIP Mr Lowe.
      very sad to hear this.:cry:

He was to snooker what murray walker was to F1.
      So many great memories of ted lowe i have.

there was something on about him today during the snooker.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

What happened to snooker? In the '80s I would watch Pot Black and the world championships around Easter time. It was massive. Now it seems to have gone all quiet again. I wonder if the great mix of personalities back then made it all the more interesting. I couldn't tell you the names of any of the players nowadays.

Comment

Also football was having an image problem in the mid 1980s so people were getting into other sports.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Wil View Post
            What happened to snooker? In the '80s I would watch Pot Black and the world championships around Easter time. It was massive. Now it seems to have gone all quiet again. I wonder if the great mix of personalities back then made it all the more interesting. I couldn't tell you the names of any of the players nowadays.
            There is an excellent documentary called "When snooker ruled the world" on YouTube which goes some way to explaining the decline. It's like most things now, it was suffocated with blandness!

Comment

I remember seeing that when it was on.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
              X