X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: old children's cassettes

Originally posted by suzie View Post
    Hi eyeryone x

I'm looking for anyone who remembers some old childrens cassettes I am desperately trying to get hold of.

They came in a boxset, about a4 in height. There were eight tapes inside, one head cleaner with the words "pot of gold" and a picture and then a tape for each day of the week. The outside cover was white with a picture of a rainbow.

Each tape began with the same song changing for each day of the week "Open your eyes, be wide awake, sit up and listen to Monday's tape". All contained childrens stories, songs and poems and would have been around between the late 70's and early 80's.

Can anyone help with any further details that may help me track them down?

Suzie x
    Hello, i've got them. I'm just copying them on to the pc for my little un. email me on mikejdobson@hotmail.com and i'll try and sort you out with a copy.

Comment

Mike, I would love a copy, and would gladly pay for one! I shall email you in the morning

Comment

Mike, I have emailed you! I cant believe it, I have been looking for these for years now

Comment

Originally posted by suzie View Post
          Hi eyeryone x

I'm looking for anyone who remembers some old childrens cassettes I am desperately trying to get hold of.

They came in a boxset, about a4 in height. There were eight tapes inside, one head cleaner with the words "pot of gold" and a picture and then a tape for each day of the week. The outside cover was white with a picture of a rainbow.

Each tape began with the same song changing for each day of the week "Open your eyes, be wide awake, sit up and listen to Monday's tape". All contained childrens stories, songs and poems and would have been around between the late 70's and early 80's.

Can anyone help with any further details that may help me track them down?

Suzie x
          so glad ive found this. i remember them too. the cassettes had a gloworm on them, which i think was the cassette company..!! And I remember zeberdee zink (he grows and he grows)...... "Oats, peas, beans and barley grow" was on there as was "row your boat"....
          At the end of side A of the tape the song would go "open yours eyes STAY wide awake, dont forget side 2 of the tape", and on the end of side B the song was "monday is over tomorrow is near, have your tape ready when tuesday is here"!!

i kept Thursdays tape until a few years ago, but have since lost it :-(

would love a copy of them all again.

Comment

did you ever receive them?

Comment

Originally posted by macstar2010 View Post
              so glad ive found this. i remember them too. the cassettes had a gloworm on them, which i think was the cassette company..!! And I remember zeberdee zink (he grows and he grows)...... "Oats, peas, beans and barley grow" was on there as was "row your boat"....
              At the end of side A of the tape the song would go "open yours eyes STAY wide awake, dont forget side 2 of the tape", and on the end of side B the song was "monday is over tomorrow is near, have your tape ready when tuesday is here"!!

i kept Thursdays tape until a few years ago, but have since lost it :-(

would love a copy of them all again.
              Lol - it was he rowed and he rowed.

I've got these tapes - had them as a kid and now I play them for my boys. Looking to rip them to mp3s over next couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by macstar2010 View Post
                did you ever receive them?
                Hi

Any chance you have these tapes on MP3 and I could get a copy? Been looking for them all over the web and never quite managed to track them down.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by saintlyboy View Post
                  Lol - it was he rowed and he rowed.

I've got these tapes - had them as a kid and now I play them for my boys. Looking to rip them to mp3s over next couple of days.
                  Down to Mississippi if you miss a beat you're out, you're out. My kids loved these and are one trying to get them for their kids. I would happily pay for a copy.

Comment

Hi
                    I used to have these tapes as a child and found the saturday tape yesterday. My little girl just loves it. Sadly I don't have the other ones anymore. Could anyone make me a copy? I would be very happy to pay for them. They are just great!!
                    Thanks!

Comment

I have Wednesday and Fridays tapes, would love to find the others.

Comment

Have you been able to find the others yet. I have copies. I’m looking for a tape player so I can convert the tapes to mp3
                        where are you located uk or eslewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Francis View Post
                          Have you been able to find the others yet. I have copies. I’m looking for a tape player so I can convert the tapes to mp3
                          where are you located uk or eslewhere
                          I am at South Shields near Newcastle UK.
                          I am still after a copy of these tapes
                          mark.lives@aol.co.uk

Comment

I was wondering if anyone could help.
                            I was looking for the old tapes of Little Grey Rabbit read by Beryl Reid. We have one at home but it is worn out and doesn't work properly.
                            Below is the link to amazon website.
                            https://www.amazon.co.uk/Little-Grey...in%3A308724031

Have googled but cannot find it.
                            Does anyone else have any idea where you can buy it?

Thanks

Comment

Hi, did anyone manage to get copies of these cassettes as I am also looking for them?

Comment

Here they are!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X