Please Jog My Memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Jog My Memory

I had a dream last night that I was in a childrens tv show. Until this dream prompted me to remember I had completely forgotten about it. I have since had a chat with some friends of my age (early 30's) and they too recal vague memories of it but not the name. I guess it must have been screened early to mid 80's. Itbwas set in a small village by the sea (perhaps a fishing town/port) they was a seagul with a personality and a fisherman in an old fisherman's cap with a very curly (not too long) blonde beard and a horizontally striped blue and White top. He may have smoked a pipe. There were children I think and most importantly it was shot usung stop animation much like fireman Sam/Postman Pat.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Lee.

Re: Please Jog My Memory

Cockleshell Bay
    http://www.thechestnut.com/cockle.htm

Comment

Cockleshell Bay actually started out as a story segment on Rainbow before it became a series in its own right.

Comment

here was 1 hundred and 4 episodes which lasted 10 minutes.
        the two main characters where twins robin and rosie cockle.

thnks blitz never knew it was part of rainbow before it became a show on its own.

i had forgot all about this show thanks for reminding me.
        it ran from 1980 to 1986.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Portland Bill?

Comment

'Oh come with me to the rolling sea where the weather's calm and still...' does sound a bit like Portland Bill, but I could be wrong. Memory of it is a bit hazy.
            1976 Vintage

Comment

Guys, thank you so much It was Cockle Shell Bay. This was in the dark depths of my mind and popped up randomly in a dream. Freaked me out a bit as I was in 'Cockle Shell Bay'. Wonder what else is lurking back there.

thanks loads people and have a great weekend. I shall be recommending this site.

Comment

Rosie & Jim from Cockleshell Bay and Ben Gun the seagull. Me and my boys loved the tv and the books - we still have a set which I bought from M&S.

Comment

Originally posted by Viciousemu View Post
                  Guys, thank you so much It was Cockle Shell Bay. This was in the dark depths of my mind and popped up randomly in a dream. Freaked me out a bit as I was in 'Cockle Shell Bay'. Wonder what else is lurking back there.

thanks loads people and have a great weekend. I shall be recommending this site.
                  You're welcome, Viciousemu. It was a great favourite of mine, too. I guess there are much worse shows to dream about being in.

BTW, several episodes on YouTube:
                  http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...shell+Bay&aq=f

Comment

Working...
                  X