Cowboys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboys

Nothing to do with the Wild West, this was a feeble sitcom from the early '80s written by David Learmouth, who went on to create 'Surgical Spirit'. Airing in 1980 / 81, it centred around a 'cowboy' building firm run by Roy Kinnear as Joe Jones, whose company 'Joe Jones Ltd.' was of much ill-repute. Colin Welland played plumber 'Geyser', and David Kelly (of 'Robin's Nest' fame) was decrepit Irish brickie 'Wobbly Ron'. The show also starred James Wardroper, Debbie Linden and Janine Duvitski. Much of the humour centred around the badinage between Welland and Kelly. The show, although not a COMPLETE disaster, it scraped pretty near the bottom of the barrel. The theme tune sticks in my mind to this day though: "Well you better watch out, There's a posse in town, The houses that stand will soon fall down, COWBOYS! DON'T TRUST COWBOYS!" David Kelly went on to appear in media sitcom 'Drop The Dead Donkey'.

More...

Re: Cowboys

Wasnt it a spin off from George and Mildred i think Roy Kinnear played Georges brother or something

Comment

Originally posted by sweep View Post
      Wasnt it a spin off from George and Mildred i think Roy Kinnear played Georges brother or something
      here u go sweep mate

Geyser Wobbly Ron and Eric have to work for Joe Jones as nobody else will employ them.
      Jones has to employ them as nobody else will work for him

ran from 3rd of september 1980 to 10th december 1981 om itv 1
      13 episodes 2 series.
      Starred Roy Kinnear Colin Welland David Kelly James Wardroper Debbie Linden Janine Duvitski

running time of episodes 30 mins.
      Last edited by darren; 16-05-2011, 01:34.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

here is a clip of it sweep.

http://youtu.be/GR50vHS7k_o

Comment

I remember the show but not in such detail (you obviously enjoyed it more than you let on) but am i wrong in thinking that the character played by Kinnear first appeared in G&M

Comment

According to IMDB, Roy never appeared in any George & Mildred episodes, although he was briefly in the show it span off from, Man About The House

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
              According to IMDB, Roy never appeared in any George & Mildred episodes, although he was briefly in the show it span off from, Man About The House
              i Have seen both these series through and Roy was not ever in G AND M.

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
                I checked wiki and it says roy kinnear was in G and M.
                He starred as jerry.

although i checked his career and what he did and it does not come up.

Comment

I have the complete G&M on DVD and Roy Kinnear is most definitely on there! He plays George's mate and Mildred doesn't like him.
                  Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

I stand corrected, similar character but different name

Comment

I remembered seeing Roy in G&M and cowboys and for some strange reason i seem to have wrongly merged the two characters

Comment

Working...
                      X