• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason King

Anyone here like Jason King?

Re: Jason King

Yes! Me!!

Used to watch this in the early 70's with my mum, in colour too, I was (and still am) fascinated by it. Didnt he have something to do with Department S? Look on Youtube, groovy 70s soundtracks too!

Comment

Apparently Peter Wyngarde damaged his career following an incident in a bus station in 1975

Comment

Yes, he was caught by a Copper in Birmingham Station loos too the year before. He was well known as a homosexual in acting circles and had a 10 year affair with Alan Bates - that did surprise me as he was one of the few actors I've never thought of as gay...Sadly the second incident at Gloucester Bus Station damaged his career as a housewives favourite in Jason King as the womanising playboy freelance trouble - shooting detective/cum writer hence his loosing the role etc...Its the hypocrascy of the time...If this was now he'd probably be like John Barrowman or Ian MacKellen playing straight roles and the audience not giving a hoot. I know I don't..I first saw Jason King when TV Heaven with Frank Muir showed an episode for the year 1971....I found it camp, ridiculous, awful fashions, Wyngardes make up, wig and fake tache obvious but found it all the likeable...

As a kid he was a prisoner at the Lunghua Concentration Camp in Shanghai when the Japanese invaded the city during WWII. He even had his feet broken and was thrown into solitary confinement for taking messages between camp huts. He was only a child...J.G. Ballard was a child internee in the same camp and he wrote about it in his biography, Miracles of Life... For me he'll always be Klytus in Flash Gordon, he has a brilliant voice and he was a weird if not eccentric actor. I expect he doesn't really like doing much acting since loosing his fame as to me he must have seen a hell of a lot of peers turn their back on him, the irony being many producers, directors, actors and t.v. channel execs where also homosexual and closeted too....Such is the price of fame.

Comment

There was an article in the mail not so long ago about Pete.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...st-man-TV.html

All in all,i think he looks great for 76 years of age.

Comment

Just as I thought....'small minded people ruined' his career....Mind you, wearing leather pants at 76 is a bit naff....

Comment

Working...
            X