silly things we did as kids.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silly things we did as kids.

this thread is all about silly and dangerous things we did as kids.

well here is a story for you all.

when i was five i decided to experiment with the living room lamp.
    here is what i did.
    i decided to put wet tissue paper on the bulb while the lamp was on to see what would happen.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i had been wondering what would happen if i did it for six months.
    and i found out.
    so i get the tissue paper run it under the tap then casually walk to the lamp and place it onto the bulb.
    guess what happened to my surprise the bulb blew up with a loud bang with the shards of the light bulb going everywhere.

i had my face about six inches from the bulb when i did this experiment.

lucky i did not end up experimenting how to pull bits of hot glass from my face.

a warning to kids electric and water do not mix.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Re: siilly things we did as kids.

I once trod on a rake to see if it would swing up like the do in cartoons & comics.

The do & I nearly knocked a tooth out finding that out.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Re: silly things we did as kids.

MIne was very similar to you Darren, but I used my wet hand. It had the same effect and thankfully i wasn't hurt

Then when we were older maybe 14/15 some friends and I would wait until a train stopped at the signals, then climb on the back and hang off when it started off again and then jump off. I can't believe I was so idiotic but I lived to the tell the tale.
      The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

I wondered what would happen if you grated a napkin,needless to say,I grated my fingers too!

tulip

Comment

Apparently when I was 2 or 3 I hid half a cucumber behind the sofa, there was a space between it and the wall and I used to crawl behind it, having hid the cucumber half under the carpet at the corner between the walls and pull it out, dip my fingers into the soft centre and lick my finger. My Mum wondered where the cucumber had gone and realised I must have taken it, she went looking for me and called me by my 'pet name' (which I refuse to devulge!) and when I replied in my baby speak she found me with the hidden cucumber back under the carpet....

I also used to apparently whisper into my Mums ear 'Hey Hey, Bease Burger' as in 'Beef Burger' as I'd developed a taste for them when I was 3....but then again, Birds Eye Beef Burgers did used to taste great back then...Another thing I used to do as a child was when asked the time I'd always reply it was 9.30....whatever the time of day was....

Comment

My cat wandered out onto my bedroom windowsill one day and worrying that he might fall off I opened the window he was standing behind - a window which opened outwards - to bring him back in. I swear he hung in mid-air for a few horrified seconds like a cartoon cat before plummeting to the ground. He was ok thankfully, walked off shaking his feet and glaring up at me. He forgave me eventually so I think he got the general gist that it was stupidity on my part rather than deliberate.

Comment

Originally posted by tulip View Post
              I wondered what would happen if you grated a napkin,needless to say,I grated my fingers too!

tulip
              OUCH.
              i bet u had a little less skin on your fingers T.
              When i was seven i went and pushed the tv it fell over and we had to get a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudineJones View Post
                My cat wandered out onto my bedroom windowsill one day and worrying that he might fall off I opened the window he was standing behind - a window which opened outwards - to bring him back in. I swear he hung in mid-air for a few horrified seconds like a cartoon cat before plummeting to the ground. He was ok thankfully, walked off shaking his feet and glaring up at me. He forgave me eventually so I think he got the general gist that it was stupidity on my part rather than deliberate.
                maybe u and your cat have powers of levitation CJ.

Comment

Got my first pair of Levis when I was 14 and decided to give them a worn look by sandpapering the knee of one leg. Instant hole. Still, a good excuse then to put a leather patch over the hole. Talk about stylish ...

Comment

When he was young my Dad once tried getting off a train before it stopped moving & ending up sliding along the platform on his knees.

In one of my Dad's cars the cigar lighter would work even the keys were out the ignition, as I was once missing with it & managed to brand one of the radio dials with it.

I wasn't very poplar for doing that.

Comment

Took the figure of eight power lead from back of my ITT radio, dropped two needles into the recessed power points, turned on the mains and touched them.

Never again! shock threw me to floor, and burnt fingers

Idiot!

Comment

I put potatoes in my dad's car exhaust but nothing happened. They just rolled out. Very disappointing!
                        1976 Vintage

Comment

I remember Eddie Murphy doing the same thing with a banana in Beverley Hills Cop, with the effect of preventing the car from starting.

Comment

Once I was sitting on the ledge of my bedoom window facing into the room.

I slipped, grabbed the curtains, but all this did was make me pull the curtains & their rail off the wall.

For once my Mum handled this fairly well, & we managed to get it fixed up with little fuss.

Comment

Originally posted by zip55 View Post
                              Got my first pair of Levis when I was 14 and decided to give them a worn look by sandpapering the knee of one leg. Instant hole. Still, a good excuse then to put a leather patch over the hole. Talk about stylish ...
                              even at that age you had style.
                              what a girl u are.

Comment

Working...
                              X