Kid's song,possibly Wally Whyton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kid's song,possibly Wally Whyton

I had a couple of albums as a kid,one was a Wally Whyton one and another was a big double album of songs and stories I got in Woolies,can't remember it's name.There was a song on one of them that had a song about chewing gum on it.

Anyone any ideas we are talking late 70's early 80's and it's not the Lonnie Donegan one.

tulip

Re: Kid's song,possibly Wally Whyton

I have no idea how old this song is but here's one chewing gum song i found.
    http://www.elyrics.net/read/c/charla...nd-lyrics.html

Comment

Nope,not that.I don't even know if it was called the chewing gum song.There was something about being a doctor in it if I remember right.

tulip

Comment

Sorry only just read this one

Here you go Tulip

WALLY WHYTONS ~ Childrens Party Time
        http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WALLY-WHYTONS-...#ht_845wt_1023 (side two track 10) Chewing Gum
        Heather

Comment

That will probably be the one.Think it went

"I would not be a doctor and here's the reason why,I'd only travel round the world making people cry.Chewing chewing gum,chawing chewing gum!"

tulip

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	259947This was the album

tulip

Comment

That copy is on Ebay too
              Heather

Comment

Lol,is it?I have to admit,I think it was pretty lame.Wish I could remember the name of the other one I had.It was a lot of famous people at the time,I'm sure Mike Reid and Barbara Windsor were on it.It was mostly stories like The Ugly Ducking,Im sure Mike did that one.All I remember was it was cream and came from Woolies.

tuilip

Comment

Originally posted by tulip View Post
                  Lol,is it?I have to admit,I think it was pretty lame.Wish I could remember the name of the other one I had.It was a lot of famous people at the time,I'm sure Mike Reid and Barbara Windsor were on it.It was mostly stories like The Ugly Ducking,Im sure Mike did that one.All I remember was it was cream and came from Woolies.

tuilip
                  I don't remember this album, but I think I remember Mike Reid doing Ugly Duckling, or at least a cockney! All I remember is the line "wiv fevvers all stubby and braaaan" lol
                  1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                    I don't remember this album, but I think I remember Mike Reid doing Ugly Duckling, or at least a cockney! All I remember is the line "wiv fevvers all stubby and braaaan" lol
                    LOL his 1974 single record of The Ugly Duckling is also on ebay, I saw it this morning
                    Heather

Comment

Yup,I remember that too.I found the original Chewing Chawing gum on Youtube!

tulip

Comment

Could it be 'Does your Chewing Gum Lose its flavour on the bedpost overnight?' by Lonnie Donegan?

http://www.oldielyrics.com/lyrics/lo...s_flavour.html

Comment

Originally posted by tulip View Post
                          I had a couple of albums as a kid,one was a Wally Whyton one and another was a big double album of songs and stories I got in Woolies,can't remember it's name.There was a song on one of them that had a song about chewing gum on it.

Anyone any ideas we are talking late 70's early 80's and it's not the Lonnie Donegan one.

tulip

Comment

Working...
                          X