Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Binge Drinking is nothing new...Scottish PIF from the 70's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Binge Drinking is nothing new...Scottish PIF from the 70's!

In this current climate of alcohol abuse hysteria one would think binge drinking was invented around 2009!! I can remember a series of PIF's that were released in Scotland in the late 70's early 80's aimed at this "epidemic". One that stands out in my mind was a young dude getting his flares on and brill-creaming his hair for a night out in one of Glasgow's premier watering holes (!!) his Dad walks into the room and appears rather concerned, and pleads with his son to take it easy as he's been over imbibing and carousing a little over zealously during the week ( although it's said in the Glasweigan vernacular! ). Anyway Disco Danny is taking no notice and goes out and gets sploshed again. The film finishes with him approaching a big Scottish lassie on the dance-floor and requests a "dansh" to which she replies "Whit! Look at the state yoor in ! Get aff me, !! You must be jokin!" The film finishes with the grim warning "If drink's becoming the most important thing in your life, think again!".....priceless...and so much better with the Scottish accents!

Re: Binge Drinking is nothing new...Scottish PIF from the 70's!

The same could be said about gangs of youths, gun and knife crime. According to the newspapers these are recent things and they often forget that there have always been terroists and fat people.
    WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

Re: Binge Drinking is nothing new...Scottish PIF from the 70's!

Same with famous people doing daft things.

Someone I work with seems to react to almost every bit of news like it was the first time something like it had ever happened.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
      X