Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Howards Way

Originally posted by darren View Post
    yes i always thought HW would be slow and boring compared to dallas and dynasty.

when i think of HW i think pf loads of old people sitting around doing nothing.

dallas and dynasty where full of action lots of bickering fighting etc.
    Not sure I agree with that, ... lots of young people in the show, ... but anyhow...

We were talking about the theme music.

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
      Not sure I agree with that, ... lots of young people in the show, ... but anyhow...

We were talking about the theme music.
      sorry mate i never noticed.

yes i thought HW'S theme was better that dallas or dynasty.

i thought it a very inspirational theme tune.
      really uplifting.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

thats ok darren

Yes the theme did have that inspirational feel to it

Comment

Must admit I never liked HW, always found it quite cheesy and a bit style over substance. The men the women lusted after weren't up to much either!

It didn't help that it was shown on a Sunday night as there was always that 'back to school' feeling after it finished. The theme tune was quite good though.

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
            Howards Way? Liked the theme tune, thought it was a pale naff imitation of Dallas/Dynasty...with grey UK weather thrown in....The bald bloke from Secret Army (know him from repeats - NOT that old!!!) made me laugh seeing him in pastel coloured v - necks without a t - shirt underneath...he tried to be a J.R. type villain but he was a right wazz wasn't he? lol
            You're thinking of Ken Masters, as played by Stephen Yardley.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Howards Way. Can't remember anything except the theme tune with the yatch shot. I don't think my family watched it so it was always switched off at that point!
              1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
                I didn't think the theme was some kind of naff imitation of Dallas or Dynasty at all. Why do you think that, sf1378?
                NOOOO, you misunderstood me, the programme itself tried to be up there with Dallas or Dynasty.....DOH!

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                  yes i always thought HW would be slow and boring compared to dallas and dynasty.

when i think of HW i think pf loads of old people sitting around doing nothing.

dallas and dynasty where full of action lots of bickering fighting etc.
                  Dallas used to have good punch ups at 'The Oil Baron's Ball', they used to have these gala's for all the rich types and more often than not loads of them would end up in the pool they'd always have nearby...my Dad and Mum used to crease up waiting for it to kick off in episodes like that. Dynasty was brilliant when Alexis and Crystal used to 'sort it out' - bitch fight style! Howards way? No match for the glossy Yanks lol.

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
                    NOOOO, you misunderstood me, the programme itself tried to be up there with Dallas or Dynasty.....DOH!
                    Well, it did read that you were refering to the theme tune but I understand now

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                      You're thinking of Ken Masters, as played by Stephen Yardley.
                      Thats the dude He was so naff it was brill! I once saw Kate O Mara in Paddington Stn early one morning...she had a big scarf wrapped around her head - she'd obviously had more surgery done at the time as she looked rather worse for wear then a while later I saw her on Loose Women looking hot....and face stretched a bit more...mind you, phwoarrr...(I still have a thing for older women you see)....

Comment

It was made by same team that made.... The Brothers....

Comment

OMG
                          The Brothers and Howard’s Way !!

Two of my all time fave series

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Great theme tune - know nothing about the programme. I am certain that it could have been the Eldorado of the 1980s if it tried...
                            I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                            I'm having so much fun
                            My lucky number's one
                            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                              Great theme tune - know nothing about the programme. I am certain that it could have been the Eldorado of the 1980s if it tried...
                              If I remember it was Sunday night looked forward to watching filmed around Hampshire

Comment

Working...
                              X