Duke nukem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duke nukem

After years of delevopment hell, the new DUKE NUKEM game's going to get an official release. I saw the CD case in GAME thos morning and started talking to one of the staff (thjere was only me and her onl the floor) about it.
    If Arnold Schwatsenegger was younger and a DUKE NUKEM film was going to be made, AS'd be perfect for the starring role.

I played DUKE NUKEM 3d on the N64 but didint get very far.
    WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Re: Duke nukem

Originally posted by vanhelsing View Post
    After years of delevopment hell, the new DUKE NUKEM game's going to get an official release. I saw the CD case in GAME thos morning and started talking to one of the staff (thjere was only me and her onl the floor) about it.
    If Arnold Schwatsenegger was younger and a DUKE NUKEM film was going to be made, AS'd be perfect for the starring role.

I played DUKE NUKEM 3d on the N64 but didint get very far.
    do u work in game mate.
    i have D N for the 64 and its very hard.

is this girl a game fan as well mate.
    i bet u get certain advantages woring there.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I'm glad Duke Nukem Forever is seeing a release, but I fear it may be well too late for most people to give two hoots. I was never a fan of the games before and the current one that's due for release soon doesn't look like it will be my bag either. I'd much rather Gearbox have put their effort into a Borderlands sequel. It's E3 next week so I might get my wish on that front.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
        I'm glad Duke Nukem Forever is seeing a release, but I fear it may be well too late for most people to give two hoots. I was never a fan of the games before and the current one that's due for release soon doesn't look like it will be my bag either. I'd much rather Gearbox have put their effort into a Borderlands sequel. It's E3 next week so I might get my wish on that front.
        looking forward to E3 then sly.

what sort of game is borderlands then.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

No. Just taling to one of the staff.
          WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

Borderlands is a FPS with a loot based system for weapons, and an RPG style levelling of each character class. It also has some of the finest celshaded graphics I've ever seen. check them out for yourself. It's also very funny in a very purile way, although it isn't one for the kids, it's very violent.

This is the opening cinematic of Borderlands. Its about 6 minutes long.

Comment

Really tempted to pick up that new Duke Nukem game. I actually have no history with Duke, I recall bits and pieces about the N64 version and my mate was a big fan of the PS1 Duke Nukem, Time To Kill I think it was called. Amazing when you consider how long this game has been in development, reviews seem mixed at the minute with most people saying it feels like a mid-90's game. I think that's the point though isn't it, didn't the makers want to retain the classic Duke feel? If any of you guys have played it, let me know what you think.

Comment

Always wise to wait a while before buying "hyped" games.

Comment

Yeah, the console versions are receiving a right kicking from the people I know who have played. The PC version is fairing OK though.

Comment

TBH the main reason the console version is getting a kicking is because of the absurd load times for each level. Not only that, but if you die at the start of said level it has to reload it all again, maybe they were going for that "retro" feel a little too much, or maybe it's lazy coding.

Ignoring that the game is an unashamed Duke romp, albeit a little more risque than the previous versions. I'm enjoying it for what it is, a stomp back in time with our old cheezy mate. It seems a lot of people nowadays seem to want every game to be Call Of Duty, this definitely isn't CoD, but it is a nice distraction for those who remember playing Duke Nukem 3D, it even has at least one of the original multiplayer levels in it.

I'd advise renting it first although the overdue fee might be increased due to all the waiting while loading.

Comment

I think once the newness wears off we'll be seeing it in bargain bins. Even the big games drop in price pretty fast these days.

Plus I'd appriciate it if you never mention C*ll *f D*ty again. Battlefield 4 life!

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                        I think once the newness wears off we'll be seeing it in bargain bins. Even the big games drop in price pretty fast these days.
                        My nephew bought "Home Front" new when it came out, a lesson for us all.

Comment

lol

Comment

I have duke nukem 3D on the pc finished it many years ago.I don't think from What i have seen of the new release that it is on par with the humour of the older releases.Some bits might be funny. Some are lame like throwing **** around and watching yourself pee.But i think it has missed it's optimum ordience by waiting so long to release it now.I won't buy it at full price it will wait till it is heavily discounted before i'll bother.
                            sigpic

Comment

Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition is available on PS3 now. Basically the original 3D one with online multiplayer, yes!

Comment

Working...
                              X