An I-Pod....in 1988???!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: An I-Pod....in 1988???!!

I remember the original iPods were around a few years before they became very popular.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Kane Kramer is a serial inventor. His inventions include the technology behind the MP3 player and Monicall. He was the first to conceive the idea of downloading music, data and video down telephone lines in 1979
      Data transfer over telephone lines had been going on for many years before 1979.

Comment

Originally posted by ayrshireman View Post
        Younger people, seduced by the Apple hype, yes.
        Can you say it's hype when the things work so god damned well? Siri (and dictation in particular) on my iPad has changed my working life more than anything else. I have used Dragon Dictation at £130 a release or therabouts for a decade but the Apple version 'just works' as they say! Apple has given me about five hours a week back due to their development of such accurate dictation software.
        I collect game prices for retro consoles from eBay

Comment

Originally posted by Retrogames View Post
          Can you say it's hype when the things work so god damned well? Siri (and dictation in particular) on my iPad has changed my working life more than anything else. I have used Dragon Dictation at £130 a release or therabouts for a decade but the Apple version 'just works' as they say! Apple has given me about five hours a week back due to their development of such accurate dictation software.
          Its the quasi-religious cultism of Apple I was referring to.

Comment

Working...
          X