Bob-a-Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob-a-Job

I remember as a zealous young cub-scout going round all the houses and pestering the neighbours to give me something to do in return for payment i.e. Bob-a-Job week! Does this still go on? I expect the child-protection fascists have intervened to protect our angelic wee cub-scouts from the armies of paedophiles who haunt the leefy lanes of every suburb the length and breadth of the uK!! Actually....have boy-scouts been banned yet??

Re: Bob-a-Job

Yes i remember doing this too, I think it was in the Whit Week school holiday. It was stopped in the 90's according this article although it looks they may be bringing it back in some form

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...e-2169859.html
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

I have been involved in the Scout Movement for 40 years and remember the fun I had doing such stuff! I don't know of any moves to reintroduce it though!

Comment

When the punks arrived in the late 70's this became known as 'Flob-a-job' where I lived....

Comment

What I remember most are the 'job done' stickers they'd give out. One year I became quite obsessed with these stickers, probably because I'd seen them everywhere but not on our house (parents not keen on letting little lads loose on our property!)

I felt left out so made myself one and stuck it on my bedroom window. How sad! Can anybody else remember these stickers? They must have been really hard to get off too as I remember seeing the same ones stuck in windows for years.
          Attached Files
          1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
            What I remember most are the 'job done' stickers they'd give out. One year I became quite obsessed with these stickers, probably because I'd seen them everywhere but not on our house (parents not keen on letting little lads loose on our property!)

I felt left out so made myself one and stuck it on my bedroom window. How sad! Can anybody else remember these stickers? They must have been really hard to get off too as I remember seeing the same ones stuck in windows for years.
            I remember them, mainly in the 70's............not sure how much later than that they still used them.

Comment

I'm not sure. It was the early-mid 80's that I saw them, but I might have been seeing old ones that had been stuck there for years!
              1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                I'm not sure. It was the early-mid 80's that I saw them, but I might have been seeing old ones that had been stuck there for years!
                Whatever, it doesn't really matter.........at least you're not the only one who remembers them Click image for larger version

Name:	smiley-laughing002.gif
Views:	5
Size:	1.0 KB
ID:	260248

Comment

Working...
                X