Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

French Bangers (aka mini sticks of dynamite!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French Bangers (aka mini sticks of dynamite!)

Hi guys,

Does anyone remember those French bangers you used to be able to buy? I can remember going on a holiday to France as a kid and buying these in a corner shop just before went back to England. I recall them having a lion graphic on the front and some sort of red tissue paper packaging. They came in various sizes and consisted of a red stick with a green fuse at one end.

The first one I got out was the medium sized one which I buried in the back garden with my father's help and, not expecting much, lit and retreated. A few seconds later, a huge explosion resulted in a decent sized crater forming in the ground, dogs barking and various people looking out their windows. Of course, I thought this was the most fantastic thing ever but my mother wasn't exactly best pleased with the state of the garden and, sadly, I never got to try out the large bangers.

To think, I would probably be banged up these days as a suspected terrorist if I tried to bring something like this home with me on my holidays.

Re: French Bangers (aka mini sticks of dynamite!)

I remember a friend of mine often brought plenty of these back from his holidays, as his parents liked to go camping in France every summer.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Re: French Bangers (aka mini sticks of dynamite!)

I remember going over to France to stay with some family friends of my parents who lived in quite a rural spot. Their son and I would buy loads of these from the village shop and then go round to all the houses which looked like they were clad with mud and blow bits out of them. Highly amusing at the time and they made you feel like a demolitions expert.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X