Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stock Aitken and Waterman

Originally posted by Retrogames View Post

Philip Schofield, as i'm fond o mentioning, is a right **** though. No relevance, just happy to get it out there again!
    Really? Spilleth the beans!
    1976 Vintage

Comment

i heard pete saying he found girls far garder to work with than fellas.

but they did make fanrastic songs with their artists.[
      QUOTE=Roz;165290]I hated them, they did one or two good things but in the end even their artists started jumping ship (Kylie, Rick, Bananarama)
      and I don't blame them.

Pete Waterman always came across badly too, very arrogant.[/QUOTE]
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
        i heard pete saying he found girls far garder to work with than fellas.

but they did make fanrastic songs with their artists.[
        QUOTE=Roz;165290]I hated them, they did one or two good things but in the end even their artists started jumping ship (Kylie, Rick, Bananarama)
        and I don't blame them.

Pete Waterman always came across badly too, very arrogant.
        [/QUOTE]

I actually quite like Pete. He was obviously a good businessman and yes probably arrogant with it but then again most of them are. Look at Alan Sugar! Not really surprised lots of the artists jumped ship. Good as a springboard but you wouldn't want to hang around if you had any talent. SAW all fell out with each other in the end anyway and saved us all lol.
        1976 Vintage

Comment

I actually quite like Pete. He was obviously a good businessman and yes probably arrogant with it but then again most of them are. Look at Alan Sugar! Not really surprised lots of the artists jumped ship. Good as a springboard but you wouldn't want to hang around if you had any talent. SAW all fell out with each other in the end anyway and saved us all lol.[/QUOTE]
          I like him too. It was a very shrewd business man.
          Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

I actually quite like Pete. He was obviously a good businessman and yes probably arrogant with it but then again most of them are. Look at Alan Sugar! Not really surprised lots of the artists jumped ship. Good as a springboard but you wouldn't want to hang around if you had any talent. SAW all fell out with each other in the end anyway and saved us all lol.[/QUOTE]
            i dont lmow amything about stock and aitken can u help me out mate.
            what where they like.?
            ive never even seen them.

Comment

I love many of the songs of SAW ! Many singles I bought back then, and still listen to now.
              The best albums were by Mel & Kim, Sonia, Donna Summer, Princess, and Kylie.

Comment

they really did have lots of good artists under them.
                kylie and jason and the nelow mentioned.

i know a lot of them where cheesy acording to some people but i did not find them so.

Originally posted by DaysWentRollingBy View Post
                I love many of the songs of SAW ! Many singles I bought back then, and still listen to now.
                The best albums were by Mel & Kim, Sonia, Donna Summer, Princess, and Kylie.

Comment

I'm with the majority, most of what they contributed to the music scene was rubbish- though they DID give us Mel & Kim, and Kylie Minogue.
                  I dislike the fact that Pete Waterman owns The Flying Scotsman- something as iconic as that shouldn't be allowed to be in private hands, it's a national icon and should belong to the nation. He's also wasting his money building a lifesize replica of Leamington Spa station as it was in the '50s, and seems to champion the redevelopment of Coventry which would involve the loss of much of the urban landscape which gave us ska and two-tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Roxxy View Post
                    I'm with the majority, most of what they contributed to the music scene was rubbish- though they DID give us Mel & Kim, and Kylie Minogue.
                    I dislike the fact that Pete Waterman owns The Flying Scotsman- something as iconic as that shouldn't be allowed to be in private hands, it's a national icon and should belong to the nation. He's also wasting his money building a lifesize replica of Leamington Spa station as it was in the '50s, and seems to champion the redevelopment of Coventry which would involve the loss of much of the urban landscape which gave us ska and two-tone.

S/A/W did one or two good things but they ran their formula into the ground with songs sounding too samey.

I hated hearing their stuff on the radio in the 80s and hated how he in particular wanted his artists to dominate the charts, I found it depressing.

He was a good businessman but the music he made, with the odd excpetion, wasn't very good. In some ways I should be grateful to him though as it made me go back and listen to classic bands/singers who I still love today
                    Last edited by Roz; 20-02-2013, 01:48.

Comment

I think the b*gger has corrupted my laptop as it started playing up as I was typing that message and then I got timed out

I meant 'exception' of course.

Still not saying nice things about you though Pete

Comment

Working...
                      X