Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone identify this Action Man type figure from early 70s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone identify this Action Man type figure from early 70s?

Hello All,

I loved my Action Men. I only ever had second hand ones (with hard plastic hands) and other 'tribute' figures, like several 'Little Big Men' and the Bionic Man.

But one I had remains a mystery to me. It was about the same size as Palitoy's Little Big Man, but it was of better quality. It had more joints, and came with better detailed accessories. It had a slightly slimmer head, and its plastic was less likely to break (my Little Big Men always broke, and my dad made bandages for them, with red felt-tip blood).

It definitely wasn't a Little Big Man. Mine was an arctic patrol type, with the Parka with fur trim, and skis and so on. You can see in the pictures, that its clothes were of a lighter, greener khaki that the similar Arctic-type Little Big Man I also owned. And its clothing was of a better, softer material too.
    Afraid this is a low-res piccy from the 70s. But can anyone identify it? He's the figure in Bionic Man's lap (and you can see how he differs from the Little Big Man seated next to him in Action Man's lap).
    ...JamoClick image for larger version

Name:	close-up.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	264197Click image for larger version

Name:	figures.jpg
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	264196

Re: Anyone identify this Action Man type figure from early 70s?

Just looks like the blond LMB to me or the Spanish madelman

top pic shows similar coloured parka too

http://www.plaidstallions.com/palitoy/lbm.html
    Last edited by sixtyten; 16-06-2011, 20:02.

Comment

This is the Spanish made "madelman".. look familiar?

Click image for larger version

Name:	26768142.jpg
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	259950

Comment

Naked madelman. Look like yours?

Name:	pierna_madelman_4.jpg
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	259951
        Last edited by sixtyten; 16-06-2011, 20:08.

Comment

Name:	10203088.jpg
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	259952

Comment

Hello Sixtyten,

Yes, after studying your links and some images after typing Madelman into Google, I think I agree. Though I don't really remember snow-shoes, the face and the Parka material seem to be a match. I think I concur. It must have been a Madelman.

I've never heard that name before. I had a fair few Little Big Men, and then was deemed old enough for Action Men. I think the Madelman arctic explorer came from an older cousin who'd started travelling abroad. Perhaps it was a present bought in Spain, then? None of my mates had one like it. It always seemed unique. Not sure where it went, either. Probably given away to a small cousin or neighbour by my parents when I got older. Shame.

Don't suppose you'd be able to identify that Mexican cowboy/bandit figure in the orangey shirt and brown trousers? Or the big clunky Action Man rip-off in the yellow kung fu outfit? I think those two were probably market stall rubbish. Haha.

But thank you for the Madelman info. Now I know.

...Jamo.

Comment

Big Jim (or mark strong as he was called in the UK) had a yellow kung fu kit. hard to see from the pic

Comment

The Mexican I thought might have been from the Matchbox Fightin Furies Western Series, but again, hard to see

Comment

Its not a Big Jim, looks like a knock off imitation. Other is indeed Madel Man, I've got a few reproduction ones!

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation SF

Comment

That Matchbox Fighting Furies suggestion is a good one. Looking at their stuff on Google, I do remember it being like them. However, I've not yet found an image of one with a shirt like mine. Is there a site with a complete Wild West set on show? Or is that the complete set on plaidstallions? Which upsets the theory.

Comment

Working...
                      X