Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Darts

Default Re: Darts

Surely you have to be fit to be a sportsperson ?

I watched some of he golf the other evening as Tiger Woods made his comeback .... and at least half of the guys had massive bellies ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Elbmek View Post
    How sad is that? no disrespect to your opinion but darts is a highly skilled game. Unlike fishing, which IS a pastime, not a sport. I have just retired after 25 years playing in a highly competitive league. And in the same pub for fun. I have an attic full of trophies and have been beaten on many an occasion by players who were far superior to me, my own standards were high. To show you how skilled it really is, I challenge you to a match best of 5 games for 25. Double start and finish 301.
    Good point Elbmek

That didn't occur to me

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbmek View Post
    How sad is that? no disrespect to your opinion but darts is a highly skilled game. Unlike fishing, which IS a pastime, not a sport. I have just retired after 25 years playing in a highly competitive league. And in the same pub for fun. I have an attic full of trophies and have been beaten on many an occasion by players who were far superior to me, my own standards were high. To show you how skilled it really is, I challenge you to a match best of 5 games for 25. Double start and finish 301.
    OK Elbmek

Do you live SC UK?

Drinks are on me

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Yes mate, Sutton Coldfield, I played mainly for the Boot Inn, my local. I once played away to a player who was one of the top ones in the league and beat him 2-0; second game being a brush!! (he didn't get away). As I was becoming inconsistent (age) I decided to give it up.

I'm don't watch darts but Sky news reporting that there won't be any 'attractive' young women on show for future televised darts competitions ... that's progress I guess .. wonder what the women in question think about that decision ..

Well Elbmek, I can easily hitch up the M5 from Cheltenham to Brum

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    I'm don't watch darts but Sky news reporting that there won't be any 'attractive' young women on show for future televised darts competitions ... that's progress I guess .. wonder what the women in question think about that decision ..

all in favour darts is not about bimbo's

Yes Elbmek

Bulseye was amazing - I used to love it in it's originial run!

It was proper Weekend TV I think before all these talent shows became the host and Jim Bowen certainly made the show and Darts in-general more popular than ever!

What a host Jim was - the best no doubts!!

80sChav

Bullseye came at just the right time for Darts, which was having a boost in popularity in the mid 1980s, when Sid Waddle, Jockey Wilson & Eric Bristow were all household names.
    The Trickster On The Roof