Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Darts

Default Darts

Does Darts count as a 'board' game? Does anyone remember those big brass 'bombers' of the 60s and 70s with the feather flights? I learnt to play back then but with the 'newer' darts, more slimline and with plastic flights. I can also recall people throwing with paper flights that they would lick and glue together.

big kid Guest

Default Re: Darts

i remember those big, heavy as hell darts. my uncle give me a dart board and a set of those when i was a kid.

The first darts I had was the safe sticky ones but after a while the stick went and the darts wouldnt stick to the board

My proper dart board was hung behind the door how many missed and made small holes in the door and got told off about it

I remember one xmas santa brought me a colourful board with numbers and hooks and you had rubber rings to throw at the hooks.Havent got the foggiest what it was called maybe someone can enlighten me on the situation

Talking of darts who remembers the darts you threw at the fair? Those playing cards on the wall you threw the darts at & the darts rarely ever stuck? I reckon the cards were stuck on a metal plate so they never stuck

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Lol yes i remember them pulled ya arm out of socket chucking them that hard and then they still didnt stick in board lol

Quote Originally Posted by Twocky61 View Post
    Talking of darts who remembers the darts you threw at the fair? Those playing cards on the wall you threw the darts at & the darts rarely ever stuck? I reckon the cards were stuck on a metal plate so they never stuck
    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

cant remember this but i remember the felt boards and when u threw the darts they stuck to the board.

the dart had a flat surface and it could not bounce out and put your eye out i remember one time it near happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbmek View Post
    Does Darts count as a 'board' game? Does anyone remember those big brass 'bombers' of the 60s and 70s with the feather flights? I learnt to play back then but with the 'newer' darts, more slimline and with plastic flights. I can also recall people throwing with paper flights that they would lick and glue together.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Quote Originally Posted by Twocky61 View Post
    Yes we saw a programme about fairgrounds once and they did say it was a fix up to stop people winning prizes

Another thing about darts:

How can it be a sport? It is a pub game

Have you ever seen darts as a sport at the Olympic games?

No; cos it's not a sport; just a game to play with your mates getting rat arsed in a pub

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

How sad is that? no disrespect to your opinion but darts is a highly skilled game. Unlike fishing, which IS a pastime, not a sport. I have just retired after 25 years playing in a highly competitive league. And in the same pub for fun. I have an attic full of trophies and have been beaten on many an occasion by players who were far superior to me, my own standards were high. To show you how skilled it really is, I challenge you to a match best of 5 games for 25. Double start and finish 301.

I would say that darts is a sport rather than a "board game". However, when Challenge shows 1983 episodes of Bullseye, and when the punters go for the prize board round, they got the prizes as well as a board game version of the show as well - so I suppose that it is the closest that darts has been to being a board game in that respect!
    I am now in my 40s (just in case anyone asks).