Tales of the unexpected - Bee / Mamba / Galloping Foxley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales of the unexpected - Bee / Mamba / Galloping Foxley

Me and some Mates (late 30's!) still bring up that episode of Tales of the unexpected with Timothy West, where he eats royal jelly and starts turning into a bee!

I also vividally remember one set in South Africa or somewhere with a black Mamba wrapped around a bottle of Vodka. Some old alky gets bitten.

Oh, and another that just came to me. It starred David Niven, about being abused at public by a prefect called 'galloping foxley'!!!!

John
    Cult DVD movies, DVD TV programmes and T Shirts.

How did the 'Galloping Foxley' one finish - was the man on the train someone else ? It'll bug me for the day now...
    Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Galloping Foxley

Hi,

I have two recollections of endings, not sure if either are correct.

1)Foxley gets thrown off the train, and thus is missing when the train arrives at its destination.

2)The victim (David Niven??) takes comforin the fact that Foxley is just a frail old man now.

Do you remember Foxleys white glove!

Cheers,

John
      Cult DVD movies, DVD TV programmes and T Shirts.

Comment

The victim was played by John Mills (not David Niven).

It ended with John Mills' character deciding to expose Galloping Foxley as a bully to his fellow commuters on the train. He delivers a lengthy speech about how Foxley made his life a misery at school. The twist is that he makes a fool of himself because the man he (and the viewers) think is Foxley reveals that he didn't even go to the same school as John Mills' character and is not Foxley but a different person entirely.

(Cue unsettling music and weird dancing lady).

Comment

Working...
        X