Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you wear to school? (uniform-non uniform)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How you had your School tie

Hated them dangling, so as long as possible, so it tucked into trousers

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
      Hated them dangling, so as long as possible, so it tucked into trousers
      Cool. Hmm I liked my'n a CM or 2 long (but that left yards and yards of broad bit to tuck in). Still love the style now!

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
        I thought peanutting was when the knot was pulled tight!? Yeah/no!!?
        That's a better way of discribing it.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
          That's a better way of discribing it.
          So did you have your Tie with just the thin bit showing then, Richard?

Comment

If you had your School tie the "thin-way" and obviously you had to tuck the proper

Part into your Shirt 9or if you was cool like me and tried to get away with wearing your Polo Shirt NOT Shirt0, which was the best button number to tuck the proper part of your tie into? As obviously you'd be "dissed" terrible for having the proper part "out" if you wore it the "thin-way"!!

Comment

Wearing "other Jumpers etc" as Coats for School

Who else did this?

I often used to wear a Fred Pery or henri Lloyd Jumper instead of my School 1 or 'stead of my Blazer or over it ... well smart

Comment

Wearing your Polo shirt not School Shirt

Wea lways did this, more so on day's we had PE or after PE for afternoon lessons ... we thought it was well cooler than a Shirt Lol

Comment

At my school it was common for pupils to have a very small knot in their tie, often known as peanutting.
                  If the new 1st Years ever dared to copy the Older Years .... in particular the 5th Year by having their Ties thin and the same length wooh bitied them, they'd sure get it peanutted OR even cut at my school dare I say!

Comment

Tracksuit Tops/Jackets

We would often wear them to School instead of Coat (though School hated them as "Coats"), they were some brilliant ones in the 80s/90s I thought! I recall vaugly having a gorgous 2-tone Green (bodering on Lime) Celtic one that i'd wear when out but not at School too often as the colours was too bright for what they constituted as "Coat Colours"!

Comment

Does anyone (if you had your Tie the "thin-way" remember "tampering" with your tie)? We did as our's was red and navy stripes and if you got a tie that was shorter (as you could buy longer and shorter ones) that ended in a certain stripe we did''nt like we'd tamper with it so the other colour stripe was showing. Or if you was daring enough you'd fold or WORSE cut the "v" off the end of the thin bit so the tie was straight at the bottom or if you dared'nt cut it you'd fold the "v" bit in!

Comment

School Coats etc ... what was "in2 in your day?

We often wore Trakkie Tops or "other non-School Jumpers" like Fred Perry/Henri Lloyd ... though i'd of loved to of worn them 80s style WindRunners like are worn these day's

What aboutother members?

Comment

Re: School Coats etc ... what was "in2 in your day?

I remember my brother had a light blue coat with some white & pink detailing stripes, my Mum said it was handy when picking us up from school as she could spot him in a crowd!
                          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Re: School Coats etc ... what was "in2 in your day?

I remember my brother had a light blue coat with some white & pink detailing stripes, my Mum said it was handy when picking us up from school as she could spot him in a crowd!
                            True ... a very good thought by your Mum Richard!

Comment

Who wore Trakkies UNDER School Trousers or a Footy Shirt under your Shirt

So at lunch you could get out of sight and play Footy etc and not have to wear your Uniform (in part's)!!?

If you was lucky you could leave lot's of Shirt buttons un-done for afternoon lessons and show your Footy Shirt off!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                                3rd year - fat bit tucked in and thin bit out
                                What length then?

Comment

Working...
                                X