Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you wear to school? (uniform-non uniform)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trainers?

Who wore Trainers for School not School Shoes?

If so which!!?

Comment

Re: Trainers?

PLEASE!
      Just stop with these pointless "school uniform/trackies/trainers threads??

Sorry, but you are really starting to irritate. All of these stupid "uniform/tie/trousers/shoes posts could have been put into one thread.

No need to add same comment onto every related thread, and use the search! There's a million and one trainer threads you could have added too

Comment

Re: Trainers?

Here Here Sixty! I'm really sick of these inane repetitive comments. I even started my own thread complaining about this inn the members lounge. Its ruining a great site imo.
        Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Re: What did you wear to school? (uniform-non uniform)

Merged to one place, please use this thread to discuss any clothes/fashion/fads related to school( in the 70's,80's or 90's only.)

Thanks
          Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
            Merged to one place, please use this thread to discuss any clothes/fashion/fads related to school( in the 70's,80's or 90's only.)

Thanks
            Thanks Huggie! It's just when my memory is jolted I post new threads. Sorry.

Comment

Re: How you had your School tie

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
              Hated them dangling, so as long as possible, so it tucked into trousers

No gotta be dead short thin for us, about a CM or 2 long!

Comment

Re: How you had your School tie

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                At my school it was common for pupils to have a very small knot in their tie, often known as peanutting.
                Same here ... here, here Richard!

The looser/Chunkier the knot was - the worse the Peanutting was then!!

Comment

It was "cool" to wear our school ties with the thin part only showing, the fat bit was tucked behind the shirt buttons, a normal length but with a small knot.
                  Unfortunately the end of the thin part was often frayed through too much "tie flicking".

As it was the 80s, said shirts were sometimes button down collars.

As for trousers, mine were either Sta-Press, Farah or Waffles.

Shoes, Brogues (royals), Monkey Boots, Desert Boots, or trainers (as long as you didn't get caught wearing them outside of P.E.)

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
                    It was "cool" to wear our school ties with the thin part only showing, the fat bit was tucked behind the shirt buttons, a normal length but with a small knot.
                    Unfortunately the end of the thin part was often frayed through too much "tie flicking".
                    or trainers (as long as you didn't get caught wearing them outside of P.E.)
                    Here, here Mulletino - though making it longer thin helped but midgy thin made it frayed - but wo-bitied ('scuse the play on words) having the proper part at all showing!

Same too for Trainers for us if caught - like with the Tie thin!! Darren (Daz) is the 80s style guy on here who knows all about this kind of style and bringing "in" reto pics/comparisons! He won't mind me saying he's the kindest-most welcoming guy on the 'net and on DYR who'll help anyone in any interest they have (re pics) if he likes that subject one iota on none he'll help ppl 1000%

Comment

Shoes, Brogues (royals), Monkey Boots, Desert Boots, or trainers (as long as you didn't get caught wearing them outside of P.E.)
                      Was this in Australia Mulletino mate?!!

80sChav

Comment

Button down Collars Mulletino - now your talking ... these looked so cool (but so iffy I guess in retrospect) if not stylish though they are adorable in their own odd way as a nod to fashion!! Especially the Ben Sherman ones too!

Comment

Ben Sherman still do Button Downs.

https://bensherman.com.au/catalog/clothing/shirts-2

Comment

Ben Sherman still do Button Downs.

https://bensherman.com.au/catalog/clothing/shirts-2

What kind of length you do ur tie Skinny Mullentino?

Comment

i had to have it tied for me so when i did p.e. I just slid the knot up or down depending on if i was starting p.e or finishing.
                              of those trousers ive heard of farah's.

Originally posted by mulletino View Post
                              it was "cool" to wear our school ties with the thin part only showing, the fat bit was tucked behind the shirt buttons, a normal length but with a small knot.

As for trousers, mine were either sta-press, farah or waffles.

Shoes, brogues (royals), monkey boots, desert boots, or trainers (as long as you didn't get caught wearing them outside of p.e.)
                              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Non
                                Uniforms came into my school after I left was great goin school in my jeans trainers etc use to drop school bag off and have tea and straight back out no need to get out of uniforms lol
                                THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Working...
                                X